Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 26, 2009, 07:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Unfortunately sometimes other components fail at the same time you are fiddling with different components which leads to much headscratching as you troubleshoot the wrong components. Try to get rig going in original non-upgraded condition. Uninstall everything you have done and if no luck start troubleshooting. Psu should not be cause, (its a good one?) I suspect the vid card. Onboard video must be disabled in bios before installing another one.

Here is a site with flowcharts for troubleshooting:

Computer Repair with Diagnostic Flowcharts - Troubleshooting Dell, HP, Sony, eMachines, IBM, Compaq and Gateway PC's
Old August 26, 2009, 09:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberman07 View Post
can't even boot now. Seems like a heating issue. I should try removing the gpu but can't access that little plastic clip.

Brands computers sucks, you have no room to work.
oh I know what you mean with this the clip is under the vid card right , I have the same problem ( asus's great Idea of the clicp design) what I have to do is pull the front of the card out as much as I can and then carefully twist it and lift so I can get access to that stupid clip.
one other thing have you tried to turn off the on board video? or maybe it is the PSU itself but try turning off the onboard vid if you can
Old August 26, 2009, 11:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

you should analyze the memory.dmp file to help pinpoint the problem using Windows Debugging Tools.