Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 14, 2009, 05:57 AM
Rookie

Angry GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L + 4GB CORSAIR XMS2 PROBLEMS

HI ALL ,

hope someone can help , i have a ****** http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">****** name="ProgId" content="Word.Document">****** name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">****** name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"> GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L + 4GB (4x1gb ) xms2 ddr2 6400 and with this config it will not post, if i take 2gb (2x1gb) out it boots . the ram is a matched pair and both sets are matched i.e timings etc . all the ram slots are working fine . as i have swicthed them all round to check and all ok . plus all the ram is ok. the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L can take up to 8 gb in all 4 slots acording to the website but it just wont have 4gb 4x1gb . it makes no sence . can someone help im at a loss. :help:
Old July 14, 2009, 07:28 AM
Allstar

Try increasing the voltage a little, I believe those sticks are rated for up to 2.1v
Old July 14, 2009, 07:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 of 7 View Post
Try increasing the voltage a little, I believe those sticks are rated for up to 2.1v
xms2 is your run of the mill ram and really shouldn't need more than 1.8 or 1.9v max.

Problem is he's trying 4x1 which means some tweaking may be in order.
Old July 14, 2009, 07:57 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

so you've swapped out all your ram sticks and know for a fact the are working, and know that both kits individually can boot on their own as well?

I have 4x1 gb running fine on an older Gigabyte board
Old July 14, 2009, 08:37 AM
Rookie

Question mad

yes iv tried both sets indviually and they both boot fine , i just cant see why they wont boot with all 4 in , makes me so mad !!!!! also if it wont post with all 4 in how can i tweek the bios ?
Old July 14, 2009, 08:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPSIDE View Post
yes iv tried both sets indviually and they both boot fine , i just cant see why they wont boot with all 4 in , makes me so mad !!!!! also if it wont post with all 4 in how can i tweek the bios ?
Run with 2 and increase the ram voltage and northbridge voltage slightly
Old July 14, 2009, 08:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have the same board and I think that you need to do is go into the bios press ctrl F1 to get into the advanced mode then go to MIT ( MB Intelligent tweaker) and in there go to the timings and select manual ( that is if it is on auto) and set the timing to your rams timings. I have 8 gb ram on my board and all my sticks had the same timing settings but one set where 1.9 volts instead of 1.8 volts , so I changed that and I still had problems I then manually changed the timings to what the timings are ( mine were 5-5-5-15) and it works . so try that.
Old July 14, 2009, 08:50 AM
Rookie

Question ok

ok ill try that when i get home later , but if that does not work then any other suggestions ?
Old July 14, 2009, 10:45 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I have the same board and I think that you need to do is go into the bios press ctrl F1 to get into the advanced mode then go to MIT ( MB Intelligent tweaker) and in there go to the timings and select manual ( that is if it is on auto) and set the timing to your rams timings. I have 8 gb ram on my board and all my sticks had the same timing settings but one set where 1.9 volts instead of 1.8 volts , so I changed that and I still had problems I then manually changed the timings to what the timings are ( mine were 5-5-5-15) and it works . so try that.
Make sure you Load optimized settings (F11, I think?) prior to changing the ram primary timings.

1.9V Vram, +.1V NB.

Should work.