Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28, 2009, 01:45 PM
Rookie

Default problem with my new build

so after i got my build done, it worked fine, installed everything and i had my new rig set up. however after i dont know how long, probably during the night time, considering i started building in the afternoon, i restarted my computer after installing a game and a some software, etc. after restarting from the installations, my computer restarted and turned on, but my monitor displays nothing, even when its on. so i googled around on my other computer, and i read that someone would unplug his computer, turn off power, and hold power button till the motherboard lost all the power, and i tried that until the LED turned off, turned it on again, and everything works fine, but right now i have to do this everytime my computer goes off, i even tried plugging in my computer directly into the wall instead of the power bar.
Old June 28, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

sounds like 12v rail on psu to me
Old June 28, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

whats your hardware stat's
Old June 29, 2009, 08:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Is this an Evga X58 vanilla Board? My original Evga X58 Board had similar bug whereby I would periodically have to switch power off the Board via the PSU switch, then power on and everything would Boot fine. Was referred to as a "Cold Boot Issue"........since then I have replaced both the Mobo and the PSU, so hard to say which it was for sure, I suspect the Mobo......
Good luck.....

Old June 29, 2009, 01:20 PM
Rookie

hm i updated my bios and resetted my bios settings and it seems fine now.