Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 5, 2009, 10:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Sound Cards and Win7

They don't seem to play nice, haha.

The problem: whenever a sound in a game or other application plays that the sound card doesn't like, the given program freezes. It happens quite a bit more than I can simply ignore.

Fun driver issue, I guess.

I am currently using an Auzentech Forte in league with Win7. I already have the driver here: Auzentech, Inc. Sound Cards. Audio You Can Believe In. World First soundcards for Music, HTPC, and Gaming.

...and really cant think of anything else there is that I can do.

If you know of any drivers (or anything, really) that work better for this card/OS combo, please speak up.
Old June 6, 2009, 05:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

mite try soundblaster is they share the creative chip

Old June 6, 2009, 06:33 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Probably the drivers. I've had my Creative x-fi gamer on both 32 and 64 bit Win7 for 6 months now and zero issues. Started with the vista drivers and now am running the win7 betas.
Old June 6, 2009, 11:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Creative is notorious for bad drivers and well since that Auzentech is using a X-Fi chip I guess you're experiencing some. I doubt Creative puts as much effort into making drivers for Auzentech as they do for their own cards.
Old June 6, 2009, 04:57 PM
Allstar

I haven't had any issue's whatsoever with my Prelude and Windows 7 RC1 x64. I used the latest ones from the Auzentech site. Keep in mind though that I don't really play any games so I haven't tested that aspect yet.

I did run across this howto while I was doing some research, not sure if it will help you or not but may be worth a try...

Auzentech X-fi Prelude drivers for Windows 7 Beta - Guru3D.com Forums

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old June 7, 2009, 08:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I played some games on Win 7 64 with my Auzentech Prelude without any problems. I use the driver on their website.. maybe try to reinstall it and use Driver cleaner?

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware