Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2009, 01:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well they're not accountants over there at BFG. I'd say enjoy the cash/credit and the better card a win win.

Last edited by Eagle Eye; February 11, 2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old February 11, 2009, 06:47 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Company Name: Corsair
Product: TX750 Power supply
Warranty Period: 5 years
Date purchased: Early December 2008
Date RMAed: Sent on 2009-02-03
Where it was sent to: Fremont, California
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: One way shipping
Wait time: Received on 2009-02-11
Details: Pretty easy, would have preferred if all shipping was paid for by Corsair. Unit received is brand new, not a refurb.
Satisfaction: 8
Old February 15, 2009, 07:19 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default Great service from Toshiba

I don't have all the details, but I just figured I would make a good post letting you guys know the great service a friend of mine is getting from Toshiba.

I recommended a Toshiba laptop to her last year, but talked her out of the extended warranty. She trusted me (told her I really liked the Toshiba's) and she listened and I also told her not to get the warranty, and she listened. The laptop had a 1 year manufacturer warranty.

Sure enough, about 6 weeks after the warranty expired the laptop is now damaged (works on battery, not on AC...most likely adapter but not sure). She called Toshiba, and without any hassle, they gave her an RMA and will fix it for her at no charge. She is pretty relieved, and so am I! She has dropped off the laptop somewhere in the Toronto area.

They could have told her to get lost but they decided to do the right thing and help her out so soon after the warranty expired.
Fold for team #54196
Old February 16, 2009, 12:43 PM
MVP

Company Name: Buffalo
Product: FSX800D2C-K2G
Warranty Period: lifetime
Date purchased: Apr,17/07
Date RMAed: Ram recieved at buffalo tech Feb 5/09
Where it was sent to: Austin Texas
Ease of RMA: 4
Any extra fees?: $14.95
Wait time: 20 days from time buffalo received.
Details: Buffalo says 3day turn around but it's been 11days and no word or info, finally decided to call buffalotech twice today and nobody seems to know anything about the ram or were it might be, also there are lots of departments to be transfered to that go to voice mail. I'm not to happy about buffalo tech right now.

Tuesday, I hear nothing from the voice mail ppl, so I phone buffalo tech again. This time I get a helpful person on the line that digs around and can't find any trace of the ram so he asks for the tracking # that confirms it was received but possibly misplaced and no shipping product has been started to be sent as a replacement. So the tek rep gets the ball moving and ram should be sent out soon.
Good thing for tracking numbers.

I've had rma with OCZ and it's always been quick. I sent a 600w stealth psu in and got a GXS850w as a replacement, a 512MB SD card turned into a 1GB SD after rma, way to go OCZ.

Feb 23, spoke with buffalo tech again, 2 ppl have no idea were it is or what to do about it, I get passed on to a supervisor type that could care less and figures I should wait indefinatly who passes me on to a voice mail again. What's becoming frusterating is the FU attitude from buffalo tech.

Feb 26/09. All good now a rep took the time to straighten it out, he upgraded the ram to a 1066 set and got the shipping motivated, I had it in 2 days after he got involved.

Last edited by upcoast604; February 26, 2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old February 19, 2009, 10:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Company Name: Antec
Product: Antec NEO-550
Warranty Period: 5 years
Date purchased: July 2006
Date RMAed: Feb. 2009
Where it was sent to: MemoFix, Concord, Ontario, Canada
Any extra fees?: $11.10 shipping one way.
Wait time: RMA was approved in 4 days, turn around on new unit just 2 business days.
Details: It was a very easy RMA since Memofix is located just north of Toronto. I shipped the package Monday afternoon and had a brandnew unit to my door step on Wed. Feb 18th. Now if only every RMA was as easy and as quick.
Satisfaction: 10

Top notch service Antec, couldn't have been easier

Regards,

EE
Old February 20, 2009, 10:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Company Name: Ultra Products
Product: Ultra X2 550w Modular Power Supply
Warranty Period: 3 year / Lifetime
Date purchased: 20/06/06
Date RMAed: 09\02\09
Where it was sent to: Naperville, IL USA
Any extra fees?: $14.70 FedEx International Ground
Wait time: 3 days. Sent the old unit down, with their RMA # , New unit was shipped at the same time to me.
Details: Noticed the fan wasn't working on the old unit while I was doing my regular cleaning (its scary to think an old X2 was venting passively). Called the Ultra Tech Support Number, got a very helpful lady on the phone who took in all my information.
The call length was longer than I'm used to (about 10min) because of the international part of the forms she had to fill out.
The great thing about this is, I got a Brand New X3 600w as its replacement. Which has now ousted my LSP750 from my main case.
So long as you registar your Ultra Product, they are great about warranty replacements.
Although I have had very few of their products fail, its the customer support I get that keeps me going back to them for all my needs.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 20, 2009, 10:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Company Name: Gentek
Product: THOMSON 516 ADSL 2+ EXT ETH MDM
Warranty Period: 1 year
Date purchased: Jan 12/2009
Date RMAed: Feb 13/09
Where it was sent to: Brantford Ontario
Any extra fees?: $12.00 to send with Canada Post
Wait time: 7 days, new unit sent Purolator
Details: New unit did not work. All correspondence handled through email. New unit recieved within one week. I am satisfied.
Old February 20, 2009, 10:52 AM
Allstar

Company Name: Logitech
Product: G15 2nd Gen Keyboard
Warranty Period: DOA
Date purchased: Jan 25/2009
Date RMAed: Jan 26/2009
Where it was sent to: Phoenix Arizona
Ease of RMA: 7
Any extra fees?: no
Wait time: 6 days shy of 1 month
Satisfaction: 6
Details: Took almost a month to get this DOA keyboard replaced. Took them 12 days to email me the shipping label. Then took a long time to ship all the way down to the bottom of the states.

The only thing I can say positive about the experience, is that once they shipped my keyboard out. I had it within 48 hours.

All in all. Logitech not giving me the advanced exchange option FTL!

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old February 20, 2009, 05:47 PM
Rookie

Company Name: BFG
Product: BFG 800w Power supply
Warranty Period: 3 years registered, 1 year non-registered
Date purchased: April 15th 2008
Date RMAed: February 5th 2009
Where it was sent to: Kahnawake, QC, J0L1B0
Any extra fees?: Shipping costs one-way ~$30 overnight UPS
Wait time: 21 days total
Details: Got home from sledding the other day, walked into my room to discover sparks and smoke coming out of my power supply. Fried the mobo, cpu and 2 sticks of ram. (forced my i7 upgrade to come sooner than expected )

Sent in the RMA with UPS on the 5th of February, got delivery confirmation on the 6th. Nothing showing on the BFG tracking site until the 12th after I called. Still waiting for them to send me a new one to get my i7 system up and running.

Satisfaction: As this is the first time I have EVER rma'd an item, I cannot compare it to any other rma experiences. It is taking longer than I expected, and longer than most BFG rma's posted on the forums.

got my new power supply thursday, brand new still plastic wrapped in the box. It is a newer version of my power supply with 4 pci-e connectors, only problem is that it wont seem to power up my i7 build but it powers up a s775 build no problem.

Last edited by sascwatch; February 27, 2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old March 2, 2009, 02:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Company Name: EVGA
Product: EVGA GTX280
Warranty Period: Lifetime Warranty
Date purchased: September 28th, 2008
Reason for RMA: The card would hang if configured with 2 monitors
Date shipped for RMA: Monday Feb. 16th, 2009
Where it was sent to: Brea, California
Any extra fees?: $25.30 shipping one way
Wait time: Exactly 10 Business days ( recieved March 2, 2009)
Details: It was a very straight forward RMA, EVGA replaced my GTX280 without question and shipped the very next day and to my surprise I recieved a GTX280 Superclocked ver. instead.

Thanks EVGA for the faster card

Regards,

EE