Warranty Period:5 years
Date purchased: 20/02/2017
Date RMAed: 21/02/2017
Where it was sent to: ------
Ease of RMA: 0
Any extra fees?: ------------
Wait time: Never Received
Satisfaction: 0

I've been WD customer for a long time, since early 90s and only had 1 bad drive (1T VelociRaptor) among at least 2 dozen of enterprise drives.

I'm asking myself why I only had 1 bad drive while so many people run into so many problems whether is WD or Seagate or Hitachi or perhaps other brands I can only assume that the way I run them might be reasonable explanation, at least in my case.

Warranty is only as good as the source that guaranty them and I always though WD was exceptional as far is reliability and their customer service. When I had VelociRaptor going bad after owning for only few days I had called them and got advanced RMA and brand new drive was sent to me shortly after, that's the only recollection I had and based on that I have put my faith and future purchases of any WD products...big mistake

Now, base on experience at that time I have purchased so many HDD's, worth probably around $6000-$8000, the drives were for my wife who needs them for her office.
Anyhow, about week ago I got 4x WD 6TB blacks and I could get away with something chipper because they are only used for backups of my wife's files, but I chose them ONLY for the Warranty length reason, that's all.

Well...one of the drives was bad, sound and developed grounding noise so I called Canada's RMA and things seem to go OK until I've been told that I will get recertified drive, what? you kidding.
my drive was 1 day old and I paid $430 and you giving me recertified drive...no I will not except that, that is right out disgusting, If my drive was 30 days old I wouldn't have issue but 1 day old, there was no way of reasoning with the RMA supervisor.

I'm officially done with them. Things where and are good until they have to step up to the plate.
WD are not the same, even thou their drives might be more reliable, if you need to get replacement under your "5 year warranty" you will straggle by getting someone else's headache.

Even if WD come up with 100TB SSD or some revolutionary product I would never give them a second of the day, they don't deserve the recognition and money that once they rightfully did.

My advice is..If you must go with WD, don't make your purchase based on warranty length, it doesn't make any difference I would totally stay away from them.

Sorry if that is to long of nag

Last edited by Maticules; February 23, 2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old February 23, 2017, 03:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Where did you purchase it from? Based on the RMA response you got I'd be more inclined to just return it to the vendor as DOA for a full refund.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old July 24, 2017, 04:25 PM
Rookie

Had really bad rma experience with Asus recently. Took almost almost two months to get my motherboard back.
Old July 26, 2017, 11:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogChamp View Post
Had really bad rma experience with Asus recently. Took almost almost two months to get my motherboard back.
My experience with asus was better.hero viii board,non posting issues,submitted the rma request,1 phone call and i had the rma okayed and replacement board was back to me in 10 days.Hit or miss with them obviously
Old September 14, 2017, 04:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Google is looking pretty awesome right now!

As you may (or may not) know, the Nexus 6P has been plagued with early shutdowns or boot loops and degraded batteries. I bought mine in Sept 2015, so it's well out of warranty, but after quick chat with Google today (and from seeing all the posts from other people), they're sending me a Pixel XL as a replacement

Have to send back the 6P obviously, but still, a brand new phone for "free" is pretty damn good!
Old September 15, 2017, 12:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bougth mine through Bell, I'm screwed :(

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old September 15, 2017, 12:19 PM
MVP

My System Specs

It seems everyone that didn't buy directly from Google is screwed. That kinda sucks, especially since this is a defective product. Obviously they aren't interested in fixing / refurbing the 6P's.
Old September 15, 2017, 12:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Without getting into the full details.... itfactory.ca gets full points for issuing a refund on a product they sold (3 PC lifetime Malwarebytes license) when malwarebytes themselves was interpreting the package as a 1 PC w/ 3 activations license. Initial response time was quick (that day), and refund confirmed the next business day after CSR had a chance to check with MB and the ITF sales team.

Even MB gets some kudos (even though they didn't give me what I really wanted) for offering me a one year sub for my troubles.

That's how CSR should work folks..... I may have not received the outcome I really wanted, but both companies responded quickly to my queries and offered what felt like competent CSR along with some form of resolution.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM