Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #231 (permalink)  
Old February 12, 2014, 04:58 PM
Phill's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Morden MB
Posts: 591

My System Specs

Default

Has any one dealt with LG? RMA'd a display to them? How did it go?
Reply With Quote
  #232 (permalink)  
Old March 26, 2014, 08:10 PM
Trial Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Default

Insane MSI RMA, folks:

- 760 Hawk
- Filed the RMA online and heard back within 12 hours, dropped off personally at their Richmond location on Monday afternoon
- UPS delivered a replacement this evening! That's a 48-hour turnaround!

They say that replacements are refurbished, but the card looks brand new.

I didn't include a receipt, but I did everything correctly, so this helped.

10/10, A+, 100%, and all other superlatives!
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
  #233 (permalink)  
Old May 13, 2014, 11:19 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 36

My System Specs

Default

Company Name: Corsair
Product: TX750 PSU
Warranty Period: 5 years
Date purchased: 2010
Date RMAed: 2014
Where it was sent to: USA, California
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: 30$ (You pay for shipping there)
Wait time: 1 week
Details: They offer advance RMA by holding your credit card number. No hassle with no request for proof of purchase. I think the 750 is obsolete so they sent me a TX850 instead without telling me. It would be perfect if they paid for shipping to them but can't complain since I don't think any PSU companies offer that.
Satisfaction: 9
Reply With Quote
  #234 (permalink)  
Old May 26, 2014, 02:05 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 36

My System Specs

Default

Company Name: Logitech
Product: Anywhere Mouse
Warranty Period: 3 years
Date purchased: 2012
Date RMAed: 2014
Where it was sent to: N/A
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: 0$
Wait time: 1 week
Details: Hassle free warranty coverage. Logitech does not require you to ship the product back to them if it's valued under $90. They sent me a new mouse within a week. I'm sticking with Logitech mice for a long time. They have my loyalty.
Satisfaction: 10
Reply With Quote
  #235 (permalink)  
Old August 26, 2014, 05:25 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 32
Default

Company Name: Kingston
Product: HyperX 3k 240GB ssd
Warranty Period: 3 years
Date purchased: Nov 2012
Date RMAed: Aug 15, 2014
Where it was sent to: Fountain Valley, California
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: $81 from Fedex.
Wait time: 1.5 weeks
Details: SSD decided it didn't want to work and disappeared from windows and bios. Tried a lot of things but couldn't get a peep out of the SSD. Next day I used their live chat and got a case number and phone number. Called and quickly got instructions on mailing the SSD to them with the promise that they would pay shipping both ways. SSD was shipped out on the 18th, got the replacement drive on the 25th. On the 26th I got a bill from fedex for $81 and change.
Satisfaction: 8. I wouldn't have docked 2 pts if I wasn't being charged for shipping or it was like $20. I'll be contacting Kingston to find out what was going on and see if anything can be done. I'll update and possibly change the scores if warranted.
Reply With Quote
  #236 (permalink)  
Old August 26, 2014, 06:32 PM
Your_friendly_gamer's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 678

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirik View Post
Company Name: Kingston
Product: HyperX 3k 240GB ssd
Warranty Period: 3 years
Date purchased: Nov 2012
Date RMAed: Aug 15, 2014
Where it was sent to: Fountain Valley, California
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: $81 from Fedex.
Wait time: 1.5 weeks
Details: SSD decided it didn't want to work and disappeared from windows and bios. Tried a lot of things but couldn't get a peep out of the SSD. Next day I used their live chat and got a case number and phone number. Called and quickly got instructions on mailing the SSD to them with the promise that they would pay shipping both ways. SSD was shipped out on the 18th, got the replacement drive on the 25th. On the 26th I got a bill from fedex for $81 and change.
Satisfaction: 8. I wouldn't have docked 2 pts if I wasn't being charged for shipping or it was like $20. I'll be contacting Kingston to find out what was going on and see if anything can be done. I'll update and possibly change the scores if warranted.
That is ridiculous cost for shipping.
Reply With Quote
  #237 (permalink)  
Old August 26, 2014, 06:43 PM
sswilson's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 14,521

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
That is ridiculous cost for shipping.
It's not shipping, it's fedex's brokerage fees. It's probably $30 courier shipping and $50 brokerage (or higher brokerage fees).

I refuse any shipment option from the US that isn't through USPS.
__________________
MSI Z87I Gaming AC / i5 4670K / 2X 4G Gskill 1866 DDR3 / XFX XTR 750 / EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB / Intel DC S3700 200G / random 160G Sata HDD
Inwin 904 / Swiftech MCP655-b / Alphacool NexXxos XT45 120 Rad / 2X Scythe GT AP-15 / EK Supreme HF / Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Reply With Quote
  #238 (permalink)  
Old August 27, 2014, 05:02 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GTA
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
It's not shipping, it's fedex's brokerage fees. It's probably $30 courier shipping and $50 brokerage (or higher brokerage fees).

I refuse any shipment option from the US that isn't through USPS.
That's a gouge if I ever saw one.

Canada Post charges $7.50
DHL charges $10 + $4.50 COD fee
Reply With Quote
  #239 (permalink)  
Old August 27, 2014, 06:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,908

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxy View Post
That's a gouge if I ever saw one.

Canada Post charges $7.50
DHL charges $10 + $4.50 COD fee

In my experience USPS is the best...fedex is the worst (I won't buy if its being shipped with them).
__________________
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, MSI Cyclone GTX 460, Seasonic S12II 500W, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Reply With Quote
  #240 (permalink)  
Old September 9, 2014, 09:45 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 32
Default

So it took a while but I have an update to my previous post.

First call to Kingston got a rep that asked for the fedex waybill. I didn't hear anything for 3 days (plus labour day weekend got in the way) so I called back. I lucked out and got a rep that had the authority to get this sorted out. Then it turns out the rep from the first call told me to send the wrong document. The second Kingston rep needed the fedex invoice I received. I got confirmation today that the fedex invoice was sorted out by Kingston.

So, overall it was still a good RMA experience but the little bump in the road will still factor into my revised score.

9.5/10
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadian EH? Supergrover Off Topic 13 June 10, 2008 12:05 PM
My Experience with Direct Canada spdracer Off Topic 7 December 31, 2007 12:41 PM
Poor 1st o/c experience leads me to build dedicated o/c rig, help decide donimo Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 18 December 13, 2007 08:43 PM
Anyone have experience with Intel server boards? Jack Rabbit CPU's and Motherboards 20 November 26, 2007 08:31 PM
Initial experience very poor, not impressed. Chrisahl Off Topic 13 August 2, 2007 12:09 PM