Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2013, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg View Post
Has anyone dealt with XFX for rma's as of late? I tried doing a search but came back with nill results. My pro750w is making some rather annoying noises, I suspect it to be the fan but cannot be sure. I'm not sure if they'll be able to replicate the experience I'm having, and it's really only noticeable when browsing with no music or other audio playing so I'm concerned in a loud shop they'll find no fault and ship it back.
PM me and I will help you out :)
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old March 19, 2013, 04:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Satisfaction 8/10

Company Name: Galaxy
Product: GTX680GC
Warranty Period: 2 years
Date purchased: Oct 2012
Date RMAed: Feb/Mar 2013
Where it was sent to: US, Illinois, Volo
Ease of RMA: 10/10
Any extra fees?: Shipping (the first time) (explained in detail below
Wait time: 1 month (explained in detail below)
Details: Video card wasn't functioning correctly, and was crashing in multiple applications. Galaxy arranged an RMA around mid February, and I shipped the card off at my own cost, and they sent me a replacement. Total time was about two weeks from initial complaint and first contact until receipt of a new card.

The new card also malfunctioned right out of the box. After communicating once again with Galaxy, they sent me an Advance Replacement, complete with a prepaid shipping label to send the old (new) card back. Once again, it took about two weeks from time of complaint to receipt of new card. The new card now seems to work perfectly.

Satisfaction: 8/10

I gave an 8/10 simply because the first replacement card was also defective. If that card had been fully functional, I would have given them a 10. Galaxy is a very easy company to deal with, and they have a rep on this forum (galaxytech) who will do everything in his power to help you out and expedite your RMA. There was one point of communication throughout the entire process, and if I had any questions or further concerns, I knew who to talk to.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old April 15, 2013, 09:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

not overly impressed with Qnap RMA experience so far...
Old April 16, 2013, 02:03 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

You guys are going to love my Bitfenix RMA review... Too tired to write it up right now as I'm about to fall asleep.
Old April 18, 2013, 01:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFOIG View Post
You guys are going to love my Bitfenix RMA review... Too tired to write it up right now as I'm about to fall asleep.
We're waiting
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old April 18, 2013, 04:02 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder View Post
not overly impressed with Qnap RMA experience so far...
Please do explain....
Old April 23, 2013, 04:04 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Company Name: Bitfenix
Product: Bitfenix Prodigy (Black)
Warranty Period: 1 year
Date purchased: October 21, 2012
Date RMAed: November 6, 2012.
Ease of RMA: 1
Any extra fees?:
Wait time: About 4 months...

Details:
E-mailed them about my issue and they asked for serial number and pictures. I sent them the info but they never replied, so I shot them another message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Kevin wrote:
It's been over a week since my last e-mail. Is anyone there?

Another 9 days later...

Support*Bi​tFenix (support@bitfenix.com) 26/11/2012
To: Kevin
Hi Kevin,
Apologies in the delay of response. The current parts are out of stock in our current warehouse. The ETD of their arrival is about 5-6 weeks when they come in our containers to our LA warehouse.
Was this an online purchase at NCIX?
Regards,

BitFenix Crew

Kevin 26/11/2012
To: support@bitfenix.com

I can wait for the parts no problem. It was an in-store purchase.

5-6 weeks? Not really in a rush, so I had no problem with that.

Over 6 weeks pass and I ask them about the progress. They basically apologize and tell me that the parts I want are rare.

Kevin 05/01/2013
To: support@bitfenix.com

Hello,
It has been 2 months since I have first e-mailed you about my problem. If you cannot come up with the replacement parts after this long, I am going to have to ask for a new case. Honestly, no one should ever have to wait over 2 months for any replacement parts, not to mention I have to send at least 2 e-mails to you guys before you ever reply.
Regards,
Kevin

I never received a reply to that.
At this point I created this thread: Bitfenix taking their sweet time with my RMA
Some pretty interesting stuff in there. In that thread, here are one of my posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFOIG
November 6, 2012 is the date that I e-mailed Bitfenix about my case. Today is friggin February 17, 2013. 3 months and 11 days and still nothing? Come on... I actually can't believe it. I know you say it's a rare RMA item from China and stuff, but there are other solutions to this.

1. Take the part from an existing prodigy case and ship that to me.
2. Send me a new case."
They basically give me a big fat no and no. They claim that there is no one that is available to do that for me.

Here's a post by moocow that pretty much sums up my thoughts at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow
"Basically, they rather have the customer wait for weeks for parts to be made instead of giving him another case. BF seem to think that just because they approved an RMA and placed an order for parts, it's good customer service. I have to question BF's logic here. So they can't ship a new case from their warehouse to the rep, which also happens to be in Vancouver, and just take that apart? Does BF expect every single one of their cases to be made perfect and therefore didn't foresee the possibility of repair and refurb? Sure BF doesn't appear to be as big as Corsair or Antec, but you still have to factor in warranty and servicing costs. It would of being easier to swallow BF's side of the story if every single case in their warehouse is sold / spoken for.

To sum up my thoughts, BF either wouldn't or couldn't go that extra distance to have the service completed as fast as possible. It sounds like the OP is dealing with an inflexible machine than people here. It's kind of like dealing with banks except they are inflexible because they actually have compliance laws to deal with. BF have lost my future business, simple as that, just like OCZ.
Some time passes, and on January 20, 2012, they tell me there has a been a delay.

Another month and a week later I get this:

Support*Bi​tFenix (support@bitfenix.com) 27/02/2013
To: Kevin

Hi Kevin,

We are very sorry and we apologize for the delay. We have ran into some troubles with our warehouse and receiving the wrong parts.

***(LOL almost 4 months go by and they finally receive the parts... too bad they were the wrong parts)***

To compensate, we have arranged a shipment for a full Prodigy replacement, along with the memo we received from our forum rep to ship you a black side panel.
Regards,

BitFenix Crew

And there you have it. 4 months of mad fun. Couple days after that e-mail, I received the package. By the way... I still haven't opened the box yet. Wonder what kind of surprise I'll run into this time.

Satisfaction: 1 because at least they didn't completely ignore my e-mails. But I'll give them another 1 because I did end up with a replacement in the end, despite the fact that it did take 4 months of shenanigans. I'll give them another 0.5 since they gave me a free side panel that I ASKED for. Who knows if they would've given me any compensation voluntarily.

Total is 2.5/10.

Last edited by bigFOIG; April 23, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old November 11, 2013, 06:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

About to RMA an ARCHOS 80 G9 Turbo 250GB tablet I bought in March of 2012. THere is a 2 year warranty and it is going to Illinois. Will post back results.

EDIT: Looks like I screwed up, only a 1 year warranty, can't wait to see what this is gonna cost.........

Last edited by b1lk1; November 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old January 2, 2014, 10:43 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Company Name: Corsair
Product: H100
Warranty Period: 5 Years
Date purchased: Q4 2012
Date RMAed: 12/9/2013
Where it was sent to: Canada, BC, Surrey
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: Had to pay $37 ( i think has not showed up on my visa yet) BUT Corsair said they will fully reimburse me. Had to pay $25 to ship back old h100.
Wait time: Express RMA, shipped out next day.
Details: H100 pump LED for lowest speed was dimmer then the rest, request a express RMA. They sent me a brand new H100i as a replacement the next day. Arrived about 3 days later but i had to tell UPS to come back 2 days in a row due the brokerage charge of $37 as per Corsair. I finally paid it again as per Corsair do the package would not be send back to them.
Satisfaction: 10!!! got a h100i so it was worth it!

Last edited by Randylahey; January 2, 2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old January 2, 2014, 10:49 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Company Name: Corsair
Product: HX850W
Warranty Period: 7 Years
Date purchased: Q4 2012
Date RMAed: 12/9/2013
Where it was sent to: Canada, BC, Surrey
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: This RMA had ZERO UPS fee's unlike my h100i RMA. Had to pay $25 to ship back old P/S.
Wait time: Express RMA, shipped out next day.
Details: P/S developed an odd noise, did a express RMA and they shipped me a new one. When it arrived i swapped it out and shipped them back the old one.
Satisfaction: 10!