Old April 3, 2012, 11:46 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Company Name: Galaxy
Product: Geforce GTX 560 Ti GC
Warranty Period: 3 Years
Date purchased: 4/13/2011 from Newegg.ca
Date RMAed: 2/9/2012 (Approved 2/13)
Where it was sent to: Illinois (cost me $20 insured via expedited parcel)
Ease of RMA: 8
Any extra fees?: No
Wait time: From the time I filed the claim to time I got the replacement, 20 days
Details: My video card developed a nasty ticking fan noise a couple months after I bought it. I finally got around to RMAing it in February. There were no major hassles and the staff was responsive and courteous. They replaced the whole card with what appeared to be a brand new GTX 560 Ti (although it might have been a refurb... I'm not 100% certain). The replacement is dead silent; no fan noise problems at all. I only sent in the bare card, but they sent me back a retail boxed replacement with all accessories.
Satisfaction: 7 - I was pretty disappointed that the card developed this problem in the first place after such a short period of use. However, I was satisfied with the RMA itself.
Old April 3, 2012, 12:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Company Name: MSI
Product: 560ti Twin Frozr II (two of them)
Warranty Period: 3 yrs?
Date purchased: Feb 2011 / July 2011
Date RMAed: Initial March 23 ( online RMA request) / RMA response-approval March 26
Where it was sent to: Markham, Ontario, L3R 3L4, Canada
Ease of RMA: 9
Any extra fees?: Shipping to RMA depot
Wait time: Depot received RMA on Friday Morning, Shipped out Friday Afternoon
Details: Top marks!!!
Satisfaction: 10+++

This is my second time around RMAing these same cards, and while I'm not overly pleased that I had to send them back a second time, I'm quite pleased with the RMA process, and amazed at their turnaround times.

There was a bit of a hickup with the automated RMA approval on the friday in that it didn't recognise the ser# on one of the cards I received back from the previous RMA. That was resolved on Monday and I recieved confirmation on the second card (first card was pretty well immediate approval). I'm assuming a live human being had a look at the request on monday for the approval.

I really have to hand it to MSI. My RMA experience with them has made the best of a bad situation, and having the same good experience a second time proves that the first wasn't a fluke.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 4, 2012, 04:16 PM
Rookie

Default N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC

Product: N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC
Date purchased: January 2012
Date RMAed: April 19th 2012 RMA Request Approved and shipped
Where it was sent to: Markham, Ontario
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: $16 to ship insured
Wait time: Shipped May 2nd, received today May 4th
Details: Very easy and basic RMA process. Filled out an online form, what product, whats wrong, where you live ect... No proof of purchase needed. No hassle no hoop jumping like your ignorant.
Satisfaction: 10
Old May 4, 2012, 07:08 PM
MVP

Product: G41M-P33
Date purchased: Unknown
Date RMAed:
Where it was sent to: Markham, Ontario
Any extra fees?: Shipping but free if you drop off.
Wait time: 1 day
Details: MSI has made me a believer with their RMA. For those living in GTA, MSI even allows you drop the product off. No receipts needed, no proof of purchase, just warranty for their product. Wish all RMA processes were this easy. ZERO cost for RMA if you can drop off. It was shipped back the very next day. Received a new board 2 days after dropping off. RMA service like this means I buy exclusively from MSI for people I build for.
Satisfaction: 10++
Old May 4, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Company Name: Western Digital
Product: WD2500 SE2 HD 250GB
Warranty Period: 5 years Date
purchased: Got it off Soullessone in deal
Date RMAed: 4/20
Where it was sent to: Canada, Ontario, Mississauga
Any extra fees?: $10 to ship to WD
Wait time: less than 2 weeks
Details: 100% painless.
Got RMA # instantly and got a much better drive in return
Satisfaction: 11+

Drive only had 3 months warranty left. No questions asked. Much better drive arrived at my door with 4+ years warranty. WD is just SuWeet!!!!!
Old June 5, 2012, 10:23 PM
Rookie

Company Name: Seagate
Product: Barracuda 7200.12 1TB HDD
Warranty Period: 3 years
Purchased: 12/2010
Date RMAed: 3/10/2012
Where it was sent to: Burlington, Ontario
Any extra fees?: $10 Advance replacement
Wait time: Less than a week
Details: Pretty easy process, run seatools and copy down error code and requested rma along with advance replacement. Replacement hdd was 2nd day air out to me and came with the packaging and shipping bill to be sent back to seagate. Just wished the replacement was a new drive instead of a certified repaired, no big deal though. Warranty for new drive continues from the old one.
Satisfaction: 9.5
Old June 5, 2012, 10:40 PM
Rookie

Company Name: Kingston
Product: V100 !28 gb ssd
Warranty Period: 3
Date purchased: 2011 jul
Date RMAed: 2012 feb
Where it was sent to: Usa
Ease of RMA: 9
Any extra fees?: No
Wait time: 1-2 weeks
Details: SSD spontaniously died (apparently firmware update was needed in hindsight). They did not have online rma for canada so i was a little worried. I called warranty number and they were very helpfull. I got a ticket number and was told to ship them the product at their expense. They ended up upgrading the SSD to a current model and had it returned in a jiffy with new warranty. A+

Satisfaction: 10+
Old June 6, 2012, 01:31 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Company Name: Corsair
Product: HS1A Headset
Warranty Period: Two Years
Date purchased: December 2011
Date RMAed: May 15
Where it was sent to: Hayward, CA, USA 94545
Any extra fees: none, just shipping to Corsair
Wait time: 15days
Details: Microphone died on HS1A ... used Support to start RMA ticket. Corsair approved RMA within 24hrs and provided a nice address label for my box. Product returned was upgraded to a Vengence 1500 ... pretty awesome win, especially since i got the original headset on boxing day sale at NCIX for half price!!

Old June 13, 2012, 05:40 PM
Trial Member

Company Name: Kingston
Product: 512 MB DDR RAM
Warranty Period: Lifetime
Date purchased: 2005?
Date RMAed: April 2012
Where it was sent to: California
Any extra fees: none
Wait time: 2.5 weeks
Details: RAM was giving tons of errors during memtest and crashing the computer. There is no online RMA procedure for Canadians so I had to call their toll free number. My call was quickly answered by a very friendly, native English speaking man. They wanted the part number and my email address and then quickly sent me shipping instructions and their FedEx account number so I could ship it for free. I had to send along three copies of a customs form declaring where the RAM was manufactured and they had to be accessible on the outside of the box. I was confused until I got to a shipping depot and they provided external sleeves to enclose the forms on the outside of the box. They also wouldn't pick the item up, I had to go to a FedEx authorized store.

Overall it was pretty quick and painless. I was expecting much worse for every step of the way and I was pleasantly surprised each time I was wrong. This is how a lifetime warranty should work.

Old September 29, 2012, 01:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Company Name: Intel
Product: 3930K
Warranty Period-ummm, three years I think....
Date purchased: About 2 months ago?
Date RMAed: About two weeks ago
Where it was sent to: Kentucky, Illinois, USA
Ease of RMA: 10 (easy for me )
Any extra fees?:$40 Express Package to rma depot
Wait time: Sent Sept 20, received Sept 28
Details: super easy but I did not do all the work...(thanks Sagath )