Rookie

Company Name: Patriot
Product: Patriot Box Office Media Player
Warranty Period: 1 year
Date purchased: Dec, 2009
Date RMAed: January 29 2010
Where it was sent to: Fremont, CA USA
Ease of RMA: 7
Any extra fees?: Shipping had to be paid by me, no RMA center within the country.
Wait time: 3 weeks
Satisfaction: 7

Details: Could have been better. For the first 2 weeks, Patriot told me the unit would be ready by the end of the week, but that didn't happen. Then I didn't bother asking on the 3rd week, and I didn't hear anything from them either. I asked them for an update again on the 4th week, only to hear them say sorry, we shipped it last week but didn't tell you.
Old March 30, 2010, 04:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Code:
Company Name: EVGA
 Product: EVBOT
 Warranty Period: 1 year
 Date purchased: Dec, 2009
 Date RMAed: Mars 2010
 Where it was sent to: Ca, USA
 Ease of RMA: 9
 Any extra fees?: i paid for shipping
 Wait time: about 2 weeks to get my replacement
 Satisfaction: 8.5
I emailed evga support telling them my evbot was not displaying anything anymore. I couldn't regsiter this product, so the rma guy did it for me and sent me a rma number immediately.

i sent the evbot in my package, they received it about 1.5weeks later, and ship the replacement. Got the RMA but it was only a plastic shell for a evbot doh!. Emailed them about that showing a few pica, a few hours later i had an email with a tracking number, they sent it fedex priority. They told me to keep the "fake" evbot

i'd say it was on honest mistake, and i got no harsh feeling about it, EVGA's rma service is top notch is you ask me.

Code:
Company Name: Corsair
 Product: Dominator GT 1866 7-8-7-20
 Warranty Period: lifetime
 Date purchased: 2009
 Date RMAed: 2009
 Where it was sent to: Ca, USA
 Wait time: about 2 weeks to get my replacement
 Satisfaction: 9
i emailed corsair about my memory trowing errors(the dreaded first few batchs of elpida hypers)

They accepted the RMA without asking any questions

replacement is a bit slow since you deal with shipping to and from California, but other than that Corsair ahve treated me well.

Code:
Company Name: DirectCanada
  Product: Samsung 2443bw
  Warranty Period: don't remember, doesn't matter shop took care of RMA
  Date RMAed: 2009
  Where it was sent to: BC, CA
  Wait time: not really long, can't remember exactly
  Satisfaction: 8
I brought one of those samsung 2443bw monitor last year, and after powering it up i notice the brightness is totally different from top to bottom. Email DC about that, they asked a few questions saying that a TN monitor will have a little difference in brightness across the screen. But i took pictures and they agreed with me and send a RMA number, shipped the faulty monitor, replacement was pretty much exactly the same, so i sent it back too asking for a refund. They didn't ask questions this time. So it cost me 2 shipping to BC from QC torealizing i'd never buy a TN panel ever again

Last edited by mkultra; March 30, 2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old March 30, 2010, 06:08 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Company Name: G.Skill
Product: 2x2GB RAM kit (DDR2-1000)
Warranty Period: Lifetime
Date purchased: May 2009
Date RMAed: December 2009
Where it was sent to: Walnut, California, USA
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: No
Wait time: About one week
Details: Reported my problem after business hours, received my RMA number the next day. After replacing RAM, I completely forgot about it (!) until December. I sent it expecting a delay because of the time period between getting my RMA and shipping it but a new, sealed replacement was received the middle of next week. Time from sending faulty RAM and receiving new one was at most 8 or 9 days, though I can't remember exactly
Satisfaction: 10
Old March 31, 2010, 09:17 AM
shaw

Company Name: Gskill
Product: SSD FM-25S2-64GB
Warranty Period: 2 yrs
Date RMAed: March 16th 2010
Where it was sent to: SOCAL
Any extra fees?: shipping 20$ (I went for Express)
Wait time: 2 weeks
Details: Drive died, sent RMA request, was approved the next day. Gskill uses their forum for rma tracking (you create a new thread with your rma number). There was a glitch though with my rma process, since the rma'd drive tracking number of the package was never recognized by USPS. I asked Support to look into this, and never had a reply back. Tha's 1 point off in the satisfaction rating. But the drive I received as a replacement is a Falcon Indilinx drive, which is a major upgrade over the dead drive.
Satisfaction: 9
Old April 15, 2010, 08:08 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Default WDC WD5000AAKS

Company Name: Western Digital
Product: WD5000AAKS
Warranty Period: 3year
Date purchased: Aug 2007
Date RMAed: March 25th
Where it was sent to: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Any extra fees?: $20 shipping via Xpresspost
Wait time: 3 weeks
Details: The item was signed for the Monday following shipment. The item did not show up as received at WDC until a week later, at which time it was promptly evaluated and a replacement drive (same model number, newer variant)was shipped. The drive was shipped via UPS Standard service and there were no tracking details until the drive cleared customs a week after being shipped, the drive then took 4 days to travel from Concorde ON to Nova Scotia
Satisfaction: 9, to much dead space without status updates that makes you think the item vanished.
Old April 15, 2010, 10:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Company Name: Ultra Products
Product: Ultra X3 850W
Date purchased: April 2009
Date RMAed: April 2010
Where it was sent to: Richmond Hill, ON, Canada
Any extra fees?: $12.74 shipping via Xpresspost
Wait time: 2 days
Details: Wrote to Ultra's technical support regarding the problem I had with my computer, and it turns out that the X3 series has problems with gt200 series card and not supplying the correct rail amount. Emails were replied promptly, called in to get RA number. Charged to credit card until they receive back the X3. Got the UPS tracking number at night and they were actually shipped from US. Got here 2 days after I received RA number. They replaced my X3 to a X4 unit, I m very pleased with the new ones, none of those flex force modular cables that sticky. According to CanadaPost, they have received the product but Ultra's technical support requires 24-48 hours to process the RMA unit. Hopefully they refund me the money.
Old April 27, 2010, 01:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Company Name: Skullcandy
Product: Skullcandy FMJ and Skullcrushers
Date purchased: May 2009
Date RMAed: March 29
Where it was sent to: Park City, Utah,United States
Any extra fees?:Canada post express post=21.50
Wait time: around 2 weeks
Details: It went fairly smooth, got a reply email with rma number in less then 24 hours. When they were sending back the product they do not provide a tracking number. What annoyed me was that i need to send it all the way to Utah and then they send me a replacement from Concord Ontario which is less then a 40 minute drive away.
Satisfaction: 10 (Needs to be good because there headphones keep failing on me, this is my 5th pair already and they just broke again.)
Old May 10, 2010, 05:03 PM
Rookie

Company Name: Patriot
Product: 2x2GB Viper DDR2 RAM kit
Date purchased: Dec./08
Date RMAed: February 2th 2010
Where it was sent to: California USA
Any extra fees?: Shipping cost 1 way(to them)
Wait time: 4 weeks
Details: 1 stick of RAM became erratic, failed Memtest every time,had to send both sticks in,replaced no problem
Satisfaction: 8-- due to long wait
Old May 28, 2010, 02:17 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Company Name: Sapphire
Product: HD4850
Warranty Period: 2 years
Date purchased: Feb 2009
Date RMAed: March 23, 2010
Where it was sent to: Markham, ON
Any extra fees?: $25 (to cover processing and return shipping)
Wait time: April 12 - Aprol 21
Old July 12, 2010, 06:55 PM
Allstar
F@H

Company Name: CoolerMaster
Product: HAF932 caster
Warranty Period: ??
Date purchased: Winter 2008
Date RMAed: June 8, 2010
Where it was sent to: 0
Any extra fees?: 0
Wait time: 34 days

I just needed a caster since 1 broke. No questions asked except for the serial number and I just received the caster today. I can't complain about the length of the request since I am just glad they even sent me one.