F@H

My System Specs

Company Name: Gigabyte Technologies
Product: GA-780G-UD3H AM2+/AM3 Motherboard
Warranty Period: 3 Years
Date purchased: Gift/Unknown
Date RMAed: December 30th
Where it was sent to: USA, City of Industry, CA
Ease of RMA: 9 (Would have made it a 10 but the Troubleshooting guy really wanted more detail than needed)
Any extra fees?: 11.27 CAD for Ground Purolator Shipping
Wait time: 3 Weeks (1 Week for transit time down , 1 week back)
Details: This Motherboard was a Gift, and I Had stated to GB right up front that I had no Recipt of any kind nor would I ever for it. That didn't matter to them they still ran through all the troubleshooting and issued me an RMA for it. Not only did I get a New board but I got a new Revision of it with the power Delivery Issue Fixed. They have really solidified me as a Customer with this excellent Service.
Satisfaction: 10 +

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 7, 2010, 07:04 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Company Name: Gigabyte Technologies
Product: GA-780G-UD3H AM2+/AM3 Motherboard
Good to know. I have several gifts and contest prizes that I only have the shipping invoice with (no Gigabyte however :( ) I hope if I ever have to RMA them it will go as smoothly as that.
Old February 10, 2010, 09:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

Company Name: OCZ
Product: Eclipse Laser Mouse
Warranty Period: Not sure
Date purchased: ~July 2009
Date RMAed: Jan 25, 2010
Where it was sent to: Ontario
Ease of RMA: 10 (or 1 is very easy?)
Any extra fees?: $10 shipping there
Wait time: 2 weeks
Details: This is the second Eclipse to be sent back, both simply stopped working but pointer was still there. Last one died in December and got RMA number in 2 days (I think OCZ recognizes there are issues with this product). I forgot to ship it within the 30-day period as it was Christmas season. I opened another ticket and rep said to send it anyway. OCZ has pretty good RMA status tracking and their forum really helps.
Satisfaction: 9 (I would have given them a 10 but their tracking says it was FedEx, which never showed up in their system, but it was actually Purolator)

Old February 10, 2010, 08:04 PM
Top Prospect

Company Name: XFX
Product: 2 4870's
Warranty Period: Limited Lifetime warranty
Date purchased: March 2009
Date RMAed: June/July 2009
Where it was sent to: Somewhere in States, do not remember where.
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: No
Wait time: About a month, to a month in a half from the time I sent the support ticket.
Details: I bought 2 4870's brand new. They both ended up having artifacts, sent them out, and both were tested to be faulty. They sent me 2 used replacement, and 1 artifacts, so I now in the process of rma'ing another one.
Satisfaction: 1

Support is great, the cards...not so much. I will say that I owned a xfx 4870 x2, that I had zero problems with, it has just been the 4870's.
Old February 12, 2010, 07:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had to deal with a fairly minor but very annoying issue with my OCZ mouse.

Company Name: OCZ
Product: Eclipse
Warranty: 1 year
Date purchased: autumn 2009
Date RMAed: Sent on Saturday the 6th
Where was it sent to: Canada, Ontario, Markam
Ease of RMA: 9
Any extra fees: Shipping to them (free shipping back)
Wait time: The received it on Tuesday, I got it back on Wednesday!!! (I'm in Montreal Quebec)
Details: Overall, when I asked questions on their forums, it was answered very fast(always within 24hours). However, once my issue was mostly done, it took longer to get an answer(3-4 days), but still very good. As for the speed this was handled, I don't think they could have done it better, the package was received on a Tuesday and sent back on the same day. I received it back on the next day. Stunning.
Satisfaction: 9.5 (if shipping to them was covered, would be a 10)
Old February 12, 2010, 04:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Company Name: Seagate
Product: 7200.11 500gb drive
Warranty Period: 5yrs
Date purchased: 2008
Date RMAed: February 4th 2010
Where it was sent to: Canada, ontario, oakville
Ease of RMA: 7
Any extra fees?: packaging, 10 dollars
Wait time: 1 week
Details: Drive died, called seagate, was refered to Data recovery company, free fix to drive and no data loss
Satisfaction: 9
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old February 25, 2010, 01:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Company Name: DFI
Product: DFI LPDK P45 T2RS Motherboard
Warranty Period: 3 Years
Date purchased: 18-July-2008
Date RMAed: 12-February-2010
Where it was sent to: Fremont, California
Ease of RMA: 8
Any extra fees?: $24.32 (Canada Post Expedited - Ground - 10 Day Delivery)
Wait time: Received board back March 5th, 2010. Turn around time of 21 days including shipping time and weekends.

My beloved DFI board decided to die on me a little while ago. I have no idea why, as nothing about my setup has changed, but it refused to post one day. After thoroughly troubleshooting (I tested every component, and the board was the only thing not working). I emailed DFI on January 4th, 2010 and recieved a reply the same day with a request for information. I had to fill out an excel file with some info, and send it back with a copy of the invoice. It took me until February 8th to get the info sent in (work took quite the priority ) but I received the RMA number the next day.

Board was packaged and mailed to California on the 12th of February 2010. According to the tracking my board arrived on the 22ND. I have yet to hear anything from DFI, but today is only the 25th, so I will be contacting them If I have not heard anything by next Monday. I will of course update this post with any information as it happens.

I looked up a bunch of RMA experiences with regards to DFI, and could find nothing but horror stories. From DFI claiming damage during shipping, and just flat out refusing to replace or repair, or just a lack of communication. In order to improve my chances, I packaged my board up with tons of packaging, as well as a thorough tape job and all labels were printed, to avoid any hand writing issues as far as shipping goes. I documented everything, took photos and I included these in the box, to avoid any BS on their side.

Well, board came back today, it just showed up at my door unannounced. Rather poorly packaged as well. They didn't even come close to matching the packing job I did. It definitely is my board, not a replacement. I received it back with two bent pins on the audio plugs, thankfully not a major issue, but it was not sent out that way as I have photos to prove it.

What really ticks me off about this procedure is the lack of communication. I have no idea if the board was repaired. So, now I have to rip apart my current system, rebuild it all with the DFI board and hope they fixed it. Needless to say I'm not too happy, and because of that, this will be the last DFI board I purchase.

Well I'm off to rebuild everything, and I'll update this post again letting you know if they did anything to it.

**Zombie Edit**

I totally forgot to update this after putting system back together, but here we go. It's now six months later and the board is working perfectly. Fired up first try, and has been running great ever since. So thumbs up for that, but thumbs down for communication, I would say.

Last edited by Andy; August 31, 2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old February 26, 2010, 12:13 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Company Name: BFG
Product: 8800 GTS OC 512MB
Warranty Period: Lifetime
Date purchased: March 30, 2008
Date RMAed: February 19, 2010
Where it was sent to: Country, Province, City: Quebec
Ease of RMA: (scale of 1-10): 10
Any extra fees?:Shipping Canada Post Xpresspost $14.00
Wait time: Received card three weeks after start of RMA process. Card supplied was a 9800 GT, which is a lower card on the performance scale. Communicated issue with BFG. Issue not resolved to my satisfaction. BFG = Bad F'n Graphics. Will avoid in the future.
Satisfaction: (scale of 1 - 10): 0 Not at all satisfied.

Last edited by SGardiner; March 31, 2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old March 17, 2010, 06:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

Company Name: Seagate
Product: ST3750330AS (Seagate 750GB 7200.11)
Warranty Period: 5 years
Date purchased: 2.5+ years ago.
Date RMAed: 24-FEB-2010 was when i filled out the RMA form online.
Where it was sent to: Canada, Ontario, Markham
Any extra fees?: Cost of 1 Way Shipping
Wait time: 09-MAR-2010 was the day I got my refurb drive. 2 weekends in the middle of this..
Details: painless and easy
Satisfaction: 9 (new drive would have been nicer)

Old March 28, 2010, 08:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Company Name: Sapphire
Product: HD4890 Vapor-X (no video output at times)
Warranty Period: 2 years
Date purchased: July 2009
Date RMAed: March 8, 2010
Where it was sent to: Markham, ON
Any extra fees?: $25 (to cover processing and return shipping)
Wait time: March 8 - March 24
Satisfaction: 10

Overall really fast and simple to do. Emailed this Althon Inc company located up in Markham, ON on March 8th. They replied the next day or same day to all my emails. On March 15, the RMA was approved by Sapphire and I was given the RMA number. I dropped it off at their office on March 17 (saved me shipping costs to them) and gave them $25 cash to cover the fees and have it shipped back to me. On March 24, UPS showed up with my video card. Plugged it in and fired up right away, so it's fixed

So yeah, really no complaints. Very positive experience. Glad that I own a Sapphire HD5870 as well now that I know the RMA process is pretty quick.