Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2009, 05:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default problem setting up raid0

i bought a couple hdds today and im having a hard time trying to set up raid0 on them. i have gone throught the bios and set it up there but i am having a hard time trying to figure out how to setup the raid drivers on a usb drive for vista 64bit. it says i can use a floppy or a usb drive for vista but i dont know how. another problem is my driver disk for my p5q-deluxe does not work and hasent since day one. i would use a floppy disk but i dont have any. i would just search the internet for the answer but i need the computer done so i can attend Lowermainlan on the weekend. Please help me.:help:
Old May 14, 2009, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

download the raid drivers from asus and un zip them to the usb and bang your done. just make sure you use the right drivers be it x32 or x64 vista should do the rest. if not you can just browse to the drivers.
Old May 14, 2009, 05:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok new problem. i got the driver loaded in the vista installation but it says that windows is not able to find a space that meets the requirements to install vista. what do i do or did i do something wrong.
Old May 14, 2009, 06:12 PM
Banned

by setup in the BIOS do you means the MTB BIOS or the Intel Raid ROM ? check when you boot the Pc it give you an option to press ctrl + i to access it
Old May 14, 2009, 06:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

it did and i setup in that menu. when im installing vista and try to choose the drive that are in raid it gives me this message "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation" and thats after i load the drivers. it says that for when i try on my other 2 hard drives aswell.
Old May 15, 2009, 01:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Are you using identical drives for the raid array?

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old May 15, 2009, 10:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yes i am. after another 3 hours of trying i undid all the steps put everysetting back to what it was before and started all over agian and now it all works. so thanks to the guys that help me. i am never setting up raid again with an already built system.
Old May 15, 2009, 02:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

have the same issues with a p5n73-am board ( only ever had these problems with nividia chipsets for some reason strange ah )