Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12, 2009, 09:45 PM
Rookie

Default Whats wrong with my pc!

I unplugged my hdd and then plugged it in again. And now my pc can't boot vista! Im able to go to bios and boot safe mode. but when i try to boot the regular mode, the green vista loading bar appears and then black screen "no signal"! but however, i can hear the windows sounds! whats going on? I've reseted like 10 times.
Im using safe mode to post this message lol.
Old May 12, 2009, 09:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Sounds like a video card issue if your monitor is telling you theres no signal. did you unplug the HDD while the computer was on??

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 12, 2009, 09:57 PM
Rookie

nope, i was moving the hdd down in the hdd cage, like move it from the top to the middle. and the comp was working before that.
Old May 12, 2009, 10:23 PM
Top Prospect

You might have bumped the video card or power conn. Try re-seating the card and power conn.

Panasonic Toughbooks
CF-18 x4, CF-19, CF-29 x2, CF-30 x3, CF-31, CF-52 X2, CF-74 X3, CF-S10

ThinkPads
X301, A31p

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you're not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!
Old May 12, 2009, 10:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah check the power connector on the video card and make sure it is seatted properly...it may have been misaligned. Also, if you can start in Safe Mode, perhaps try and reinstall the drivers. It might work after that.
Old May 13, 2009, 01:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

you are saying that you can boot into safe mode but not to desktop? if this is the case then I am thinking it is a Vista problem because if your card wasn't seated properly or is having problems then I doubt that you would be able to boot into any mode( I am not toally sure of this but I have never heard of this happening because of a seating problem). when you press F8 at boot up is there still a last time stamp or boot into last known good, try that if that doesn't work try using ( in safe mode) system restore. maybe even use your vista disk to repair
Old May 13, 2009, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

When in safe mode just go into the device manager and delete the video card from the list and then boot back into windows.
Old May 13, 2009, 01:30 PM
Banned

Got the same problem when my pc updates the ATI driver..... The card don't work anymore in DVI just in analog..have to roll back the old driver .... itís why I look for Nvdia now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
When in safe mode just go into the device manager and delete the video card from the list and then boot back into windows.