Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3, 2009, 09:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Slow Vista Load time

Does anyone else have a slow Vista load time? By Vista load time I mean when the green bar comes out. It takes the bar to go from one end to the other for about 16 times before it finishes and enters the desktop. Desktop loading is extremely fast (about 1 second) so the SSD seems to be working fine. When I boot with my RAID0 WD Black array it takes roughly the same amount of time for Vista to load (although desktop loading takes longer on the HDDs). I'm using the 64 bit Vista Ultimate.

Old May 3, 2009, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

see what is starting up when you start your computer. defender can slow down a lot i find.
Old May 3, 2009, 01:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
see what is starting up when you start your computer. defender can slow down a lot i find.
Using SAV so it disables defender. Loading my desktop takes literally only 1 second but the Vista bar takes forever to load.

Old May 3, 2009, 02:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

no clue sorry man mine only stays up for a second not even 1 full pass of the loading bar.