Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24, 2009, 04:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default dead board?

Hello all. My board is a P5N32 SLI se deluxe. I replaced it because I had no spare board and couldn't stand the downtime. I tried the 10 step no post recently with no luck.
Here's what happened. I went to bed with my pc on. When I woke up, it appeared to be in it's usual sleep mode but it wouldn't wake up. I rebooted, still no luck.

This is what is does when I power up:
No beep(s),HD spins up and the monitor appears to go right in to sleep mode. The DVD rom led flashes in synch with a click....click....click coming from the drive. When I try to boot with the OS in the drive, it powers up, dvd spins up then stops. Since I finished building my test bench, I've had time to work on it. I've done the 10 step no post. I tried everything, swapped out everything, ram, various drives bothe ide and sata, psu, visually inspected all the caps, looked for char marks, swapped slots, cables, mb connectors, you name it. I believe this board is dead.

Any other suggestions? If not, I'll give it away to anyone that wants to come and pick it up. It comes with the original box, sli bridge, I/O shield and the manual.I'm a 5 minute walk from Main St. subway station.

Also, when I got my new board, (P5KPL-CM), I installed all the original components and it booted up first try. Sold that board for my 780i, same components and it also booted first try.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old April 29, 2009, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm having the exact same problem too. I have the p5n32-sli premium board. I just woke up with a powered on computer but nothing was happening. Rebooted, and nothing showed up again. Tried 3 different video cards and still had the same thing happen. The verdict seems to be local to either the motherboard shorting somewhere or the CPU or ram. I'm going to try cleaning off the motherboard and reset the cmos. Ugh I just had a working computer the night before. Brutal.
Old April 29, 2009, 10:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

P5N32 = 680i = crap = jackhammer
Old April 30, 2009, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Actually Enaberif, my board was pre-680i lol. It had the nforce4 SLI X16 chipset. Probably an even worse pofs.
Bojangles, I believe your board is toast. What do you think you're going to replace it with?

Old May 1, 2009, 03:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Haha well it's happened before, and after doing the same steps previously, it's not working. Now is a great time for me to go i7. Sucks how I have to type this on my iPod. I've been without a computer ever since I got my GTX 275. Ugh... I'm pretty sure that my south bridge failed because it got really hot. The heatsink was crap.
Old May 1, 2009, 03:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What will you do with your old cpu and ram? HTPC? folding maybe?

Old May 1, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh man I will probably sell those parts because I won't want to take care of both. Look for a sale very soon hehe. Gotta fund the new rig a little.