Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11, 2009, 01:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Creative problems. Who'd think that would happen.

I am having a problem right now with my X-Fi XtremeGamer. I've tried hooking up my X-540's today and I wasn't getting 5.1 sound through them. So, I just went to unplug them and make sure they were in the right jacks. As I removed them, Vista gave me a BSOD which was related to the sound card. I plugged them back in again and rebooted. Ended up with no sound whatsoever. I reverted the card back to stereo settings and unplugged the 5.1's again and then got another BSOD, with a different error but still relating to my sound card.
I have the SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0008 driver installed in Vista Ultimate x64, which is the newest one found on Creative's website. Hopefully SOMEBODY has knowledge on this, as a google search turned up just about nothing. I experienced it quite a while ago as well when just unplugging my headset to use it on a different computer, but it only happened once and only showed up again today.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old April 11, 2009, 07:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe try reseating the card? I haven't heard of this. You can try reinstalling the drivers again. Use Driver Cleaner (the good one) in Safe Mode and get all the gunk out. That may help as well.
Old April 11, 2009, 07:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, it happened before when the computer was almost new. I then installed the WC and there I took out the sound card, so I don't think that'd solve it. I'm gonna try it anyways, but who knows. Creative's driver support for Vista is what some may call, lacking?
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old April 11, 2009, 10:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Also try cleaning the PCI contacts on the card with isopropyl alcohol. I know it sounds odd but I did this on an Auzentech HDA Xplosion which wouldn't install (came up as a VGA device at times), and after cleaning the contacts, it installed and worked great.
Old April 12, 2009, 08:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever
Well, it happened before when the computer was almost new. I then installed the WC and there I took out the sound card, so I don't think that'd solve it. I'm gonna try it anyways, but who knows. Creative's driver support for Vista is what some may call, lacking?
its just Creative being A holes not paying vista licenses for older hardware

they want you to buy the PCI-e sound card that are selling with no digital signed drivers from M$

i just went through this issue X-Fi pci load/unload drivers to get sound

went an got the newer PCI-e card same crap so i went to usb headset

and optical out to home theater surround sound amp the jacks are dead on the card

even the software is wacked can't get soundfont to work either

note this on nvidia chipset causing grief with M$ thinks it there

also look at card edge pci one has missing contacts burned
Attached Images