Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31, 2007, 08:31 AM
MVP

Default missing wire ?

FSP Fortron ATX350-PNT 350W ATX V2.0 20/24PIN Power Supply W/ 120MM Fan OEM - DirectCanada

got this psu from direct canada ,had to send them this support message

'1 WIRE IS COMPLETELY MISSING FROM THE LARGE P1 20 PIN PLUG , AS IN IT WAS NEVER INSTALLED TO BEGIN WITH(WHITE WIRE # 20) WIRE IS NOT IN THE ATTACHED HARNESS ETHER.POWER SUPPLY IS USELESS RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX,CAN'T START COMPUTER WITH IT AT ALL ,YET CAN START NORMAL WITH OTHER PSU.
HOW DO YOU WANT TO PROCEED SO I CAN GET FULL CREDIT INCLUDING SHIPPING ? "

my question , there has to be a wire at that plug point right ? two other comps in the house have the wire.
Old May 31, 2007, 02:45 PM
Rookie

Only white wire I can think of in a standard ATX power supply is the -5V DC wire. Which, generally, is necessary. :P
Old May 31, 2007, 03:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just happened to have the wifes rig open heres a pic of the PSU plug, is that the same one missing? 3rd one in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton

Last edited by Supergrover; February 8, 2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old May 31, 2007, 03:56 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

I'm sure SKY will pipe in here with a more info but that wire is not needed and is normal for it to be missing(I think it's a 5volt standby or something, nothing to worry about.
Old May 31, 2007, 04:40 PM
MVP

DUH....noob award of the day for me I guess,don't put case leads for power LED on pins for power switch lead of mobo then start talk trash about the supplier & psu. comps workin great now. great job Brad @ DC customer care.
Old May 31, 2007, 05:02 PM
Rookie

Jim, Glad to hear it all worked out for you at Direct Canada and you have it working now. Hate to have heard you shipped it back in working condition. No deal to call yourself a n00b just overlooked something you were not aware of at the time.