Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2009, 11:26 PM
MVP
F@H

Default EVGA Precision changes to different profile automatically?

I have hotkeys for two different profiles in my Precision: One for general use (50% fan speed) and one for gaming (85%)

Awkwardly, sometimes not even pressing the hotkey it changes to the second profile (85%) and a noticeable fan sound is heard.

Anyone ever notice anything like this before?

Thanks HWC.
Old February 2, 2009, 01:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouchou View Post
I have hotkeys for two different profiles in my Precision: One for general use (50% fan speed) and one for gaming (85%)

Awkwardly, sometimes not even pressing the hotkey it changes to the second profile (85%) and a noticeable fan sound is heard.

Anyone ever notice anything like this before?

Thanks HWC.
I don't use the EVGA tool, so I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds like it automatic changes fan profiles depending on load and/or temperature ranges.

Well, that, or your accidentally hitting the hotkey to change between fan profiles.