Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15, 2009, 07:46 AM
Allstar
F@H

Default Vista internet problem

Hi all.
My dad has a problem with his computer that run's vista,
that neither me or him can seem to fix. The problem is that sometimes we have internet, and then we turn off our computer, and the next day we turn it back on and there is no internet... like the icon at the bottom right of the screen doesnt show the blue monitors with the globe on it. IT just shows 2 monitors with a red X on it. But then, when we restart it, it then shows that there is internet. So all the time its like a 50/50 draw if he is going to get internet before 5 restarts and it really is quite annoying. So now we have decided to leave it on hibernate forever, but sometimes we do have to turn it off, and it does the same thing. Any ideas and help?
Thanks.

PS. I have telus highspeed internet at 5.3 mb download average, and 0.600 mb upload average.
Old January 19, 2009, 06:26 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Is he using wireless? Telus sent me some really bad router that would cut off the wi-fi at random times, but I'm not using that anymore. If it's wired is the cable loose or broken? Mine has a broken connector clip and sometimes I have to press it in before it will connect properly(Gotta get a new cable to fix that...)
Old January 19, 2009, 06:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Try finding a newer driver for the network adapter?