Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old May 22, 2007, 10:44 AM
hausner's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 312

My System Specs

Default

Just got email from ;

The Iceman | packaged ice, ice sculptures, dry ice, ice machines, bottled water,
"

Good morning Thomas,

10kg of dry ice comes to $36.14 after tax. To have it shipped would
involve the following charges;

Dry ice shipper $12.95
Packaging charge $36.00
FedEx charge To be determined - I require your postal code to get you
an estimate of this charge.

If I can assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me at
your convenience.

Thank you,

Cindy Cleaver
PH 416.504.6615
FX 416.703.2825
The Iceman | packaged ice, ice sculptures, dry ice, ice machines, bottled water, "
__________________
|::|CPU: i7 920 "D0"@?|::|MOBO: EVGA Classified|::|RAM: 6GB G.Skill Trident ddr3|::|GPU: BFG GTX 275|::|HDD: 2xSamsung F1 1TB|::|PSU: Ultra X3 1000W|::|Sound: Xonar DX|::|Powered by Heatkiller 3.0 LT/EK GTX275/EK Classified/Feser One X-360 TFC|::|Silverstone TJ 07
LCD: Samsung T260 25,5|::|Logitech Z5500
Project: Classified by Hausner - work in progress.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old May 22, 2007, 10:45 AM
Babrbarossa's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 3,673

My System Specs

Default

Looks like your local oxymed would be better..
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old May 22, 2007, 11:33 AM
hausner's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 312

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Looks like your local oxymed would be better..
yeah, now im looking for some cheap alu or copper pot`s for DI
__________________
|::|CPU: i7 920 "D0"@?|::|MOBO: EVGA Classified|::|RAM: 6GB G.Skill Trident ddr3|::|GPU: BFG GTX 275|::|HDD: 2xSamsung F1 1TB|::|PSU: Ultra X3 1000W|::|Sound: Xonar DX|::|Powered by Heatkiller 3.0 LT/EK GTX275/EK Classified/Feser One X-360 TFC|::|Silverstone TJ 07
LCD: Samsung T260 25,5|::|Logitech Z5500
Project: Classified by Hausner - work in progress.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old May 22, 2007, 12:16 PM
Wankerfx's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hausner View Post
yeah, now im looking for some cheap alu or copper pot`s for DI
There are some on XS going for ~80.00 CAD shipped.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old May 22, 2007, 12:43 PM
hausner's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 312

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankerfx View Post
There are some on XS going for ~80.00 CAD shipped.
are you talking about this:


Alu pots, gonna talk with this guy
__________________
|::|CPU: i7 920 "D0"@?|::|MOBO: EVGA Classified|::|RAM: 6GB G.Skill Trident ddr3|::|GPU: BFG GTX 275|::|HDD: 2xSamsung F1 1TB|::|PSU: Ultra X3 1000W|::|Sound: Xonar DX|::|Powered by Heatkiller 3.0 LT/EK GTX275/EK Classified/Feser One X-360 TFC|::|Silverstone TJ 07
LCD: Samsung T260 25,5|::|Logitech Z5500
Project: Classified by Hausner - work in progress.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old May 22, 2007, 02:33 PM
Wankerfx's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 583
Default

^

Those are the ones!

They look great, I just couldn't convince my Dad to let me buy it. =(
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old May 22, 2007, 03:39 PM
Eldonko's Avatar
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,445
Default

I get all my dry ice from praxair and my LN2 from air liquide. You need an account w/ air liquide for LN2 but it is easy to get one. Check if you have either of those stores locally, I highly recommend both. Also if you want advice, Ive made my own solid and brazed pots before and have been sub zero benching for years so just ask. :)
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old May 22, 2007, 04:26 PM
hausner's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 312

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
I get all my dry ice from praxair and my LN2 from air liquide. You need an account w/ air liquide for LN2 but it is easy to get one. Check if you have either of those stores locally, I highly recommend both. Also if you want advice, Ive made my own solid and brazed pots before and have been sub zero benching for years so just ask. :)

well Praxair shop is near (15min)my home thanks for info man !
__________________
|::|CPU: i7 920 "D0"@?|::|MOBO: EVGA Classified|::|RAM: 6GB G.Skill Trident ddr3|::|GPU: BFG GTX 275|::|HDD: 2xSamsung F1 1TB|::|PSU: Ultra X3 1000W|::|Sound: Xonar DX|::|Powered by Heatkiller 3.0 LT/EK GTX275/EK Classified/Feser One X-360 TFC|::|Silverstone TJ 07
LCD: Samsung T260 25,5|::|Logitech Z5500
Project: Classified by Hausner - work in progress.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old May 22, 2007, 06:02 PM
Eldonko's Avatar
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,445
Default

No problem. You will need ~12 pounds for 8 hours of CPU benching, closer to 20 if you bench GPUs as well.

Few tips:
1) Get the pellets and crush the dice into powder before adding to pot
2) Use acetone, methanol, everclear or similar for the liquid, should be 90%+. FYI methanol is about 3 bucks a jug at home depot.
3) Experiment with different levels of dice, dont just fill up to the top.
4) Pack the dice down often to avoid air pockets
5) Get a digital thermometer, UEI or Fluke or similar, and install a temp probe about 1mm above cpu connect point.
6) Have good ventilation in your benching room. Dice omits tons of c02 and can be dangerous if you are somewhere with no air flow.

ps - Just noticed you are on team ocx, I thought I knew that name from somewhere. :)
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old May 22, 2007, 06:16 PM
hausner's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 312

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
No problem. You will need ~12 pounds for 8 hours of CPU benching, closer to 20 if you bench GPUs as well.

Few tips:
1) Get the pellets and crush the dice into powder before adding to pot
2) Use acetone, methanol, everclear or similar for the liquid, should be 90%+. FYI methanol is about 3 bucks a jug at home depot.
3) Experiment with different levels of dice, dont just fill up to the top.
4) Pack the dice down often to avoid air pockets
5) Get a digital thermometer, UEI or Fluke or similar, and install a temp probe about 1mm above cpu connect point.
6) Have good ventilation in your benching room. Dice omits tons of c02 and can be dangerous if you are somewhere with no air flow.

ps - Just noticed you are on team ocx, I thought I knew that name from somewhere. :)
Good tips yeah team ocx

ps.maybe you know where i can buy this thermometr UEI or Fluke ?

thanks!
__________________
|::|CPU: i7 920 "D0"@?|::|MOBO: EVGA Classified|::|RAM: 6GB G.Skill Trident ddr3|::|GPU: BFG GTX 275|::|HDD: 2xSamsung F1 1TB|::|PSU: Ultra X3 1000W|::|Sound: Xonar DX|::|Powered by Heatkiller 3.0 LT/EK GTX275/EK Classified/Feser One X-360 TFC|::|Silverstone TJ 07
LCD: Samsung T260 25,5|::|Logitech Z5500
Project: Classified by Hausner - work in progress.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accelero S1 - Stock TIM or AS5 ? mattydies Air Cooling 3 February 14, 2008 08:27 PM
What is Stock Voltage? mattydies Video Cards 10 October 19, 2007 09:01 PM
HD2950 in stock !!! Shadowed Rumor Mill 5 October 3, 2007 06:11 AM
Amd cpu stock... omgwtf CPU's and Motherboards 7 April 12, 2007 06:07 PM