Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 23, 2008, 01:27 PM
Top Prospect

Angry Is my mobo messed again? (ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wifi)

So I have been having a few problems with my computer over the last while. Usually it's not very impeding, with the biggest thing being a crash and bsod every once in a while. However I have been noticing more and more problems. Most of my motherboard utilities are messed up or not apparant:
My soundMAX audio crap usually has an icon in the system tray. This disappeared a while ago and I can't change any of the settings, but my sound works fine. The other day, I turned on my computer and it said my audio hardware had changed (which it hadn't, but this had happened a couple times before) so I downloaded the latest drivers off of the ASUS website and reinstalled. Sound worked immediate out of my speakers, but now my front audio port doesn't work, and I can't get my mic to work at all.
I also can't seem to find any of my other utilities. I had a LAN last week, and I was trying to use wireless, but I couldn't find the ASUS wifi ap, even after downloading and installing from the ASUS website.
I also have misplaced my driver cd that came with the mobo.
I was going to try flashing the BIOS, but I can't find the ASUS EZ-flash utility and I downloaded the phoenix one from the ASUS website and windows wouldn't run it because it said it wasn't compatible with my 64-bit version of vista (even though I selected that to get to the downloads).
This has all been very frustrating, especially considering I'm on my my xmas break and I haven't been able to play games since september because of school.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.
Old December 23, 2008, 01:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

Will you try a clean install of Windows? It is most likely not your motherboard but more of your Windows got corrupt somewhere. A crash and BSOD "once in a while" is telling you that there is something wrong.