Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2008, 07:08 AM
Rookie

Default cant get computer to start

alright so i just put together my firstcomputer. When i finished hooking everything up i tried turning it on nothing happens except for a solid orange led light turning on and my psu making a beep noise when i try turning it on for the first attempt. my motherboard is a evga 780i and the power supply is a ocz modxstrem-pro 600w.
Old December 18, 2008, 08:10 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmmm you may have to post your complete system Specs so the Good Gentlemen here can try and Troubleshoot this.

Now, You have the Both Motherboard Power Cables Plugged in Correct?

I think from reading on other threads here the OCZ P/S can be an issue.
Do you have another PS you can use to test it?

My first thoughts at least.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 18, 2008, 08:21 AM
Rookie

no i dont and i just jump started my psu and it works fine it lights up my case fans. i also have 4bg ocz reaper dd2-800, evga 9800 gtx+, core 2 quad q9300,
Old December 18, 2008, 08:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmm my thought was if its not giving enough power down the Rails when everything is hooked up, not so much a faulty PS as one that can't provide enough Power for the system in its entirety.

I'm not familiar with the Error Codes on Non-Intel Boards (manufactured) so I can't say much else.

My only other 'thoughts' would be to put only one Ram Stick in DIMM 1, Reseat the CPU, and then Try again

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old December 18, 2008, 09:13 AM
Rookie

I GOT IT TO START!... yeah i must of had a loose connection because i unplugged then replugged everything in and it starts. i am so happy. this is my first build and it feels so great. thanks for the suggestions.
Old December 18, 2008, 09:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Good Stuff!
Usually when the PS beeps at you, its supply related.

Grats on your first build!!! I hope it works great for you!

ST