Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   Need some advice....Please lol. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/1301-need-some-advice-please-lol.html)

cdn_Madrach May 18, 2007 12:12 PM

Need some advice....Please lol.
 
My wife decided her laptop was thirsty:doh: :censored: lol. So I shut it down, took battery out and unplugged power. Imediately held the laptop as to keep drink from penetrating any deeper int o components(yes Babrbarossa I said the "P" word)lol. Didn't think you would let that one by lol. Anyways...I took it a part and cleaned it out with cuetips and alcohol(isopropyl). Muy question is..How long should I let it sit before I attempt to start it again?.....Oh and how do I put it back together again:doh: LOL J/K

Supergrover May 18, 2007 12:20 PM

I would wait @ least 24 hours.
Airflow over it would help out tonnes.

Babrbarossa May 18, 2007 12:22 PM

hehe- yeah, right...your wife, eh? That's why you should use a splash guard when surfing p0rn. (gotcha) I might use a hair-dryer on a low-heat setting for a while before I fired it up- in this humidity, the 'liquid' could sit in the little crevasses and orifices (and sets it up!......) for some time.

cdn_Madrach May 18, 2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babrbarossa (Post 9476)
hehe- yeah, right...your wife, eh? That's why you should use a splash guard when surfing p0rn. (gotcha) I might use a hair-dryer on a low-heat setting for a while before I fired it up- in this humidity, the 'liquid' could sit in the little crevasses and orifices (and sets it up!......) for some time.

I knew you were good for at least 1 smartass comment lmao. Good one:haha: I've got it on the bench now I'll set up a fan and turn the heat on in the puter room:thumb:

enaberif May 18, 2007 03:48 PM

Don't put to much heat on it as that can do the opposite of what you want. Just put good airflow over it and keep the warm temps low.

If the computer was on when it went swimming cross your fingers cause laptops do NOT like to get wet.

cdn_Madrach May 19, 2007 12:20 PM

Up and running :thumb: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: Now to go over the rules of laptop use with the wife:rtfm: lmao.

sswilson May 19, 2007 12:51 PM

  1. Laptops are not designed for surfing Cosmoonline.com while soaking in the tub.......... :)

Patriote May 19, 2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdn_Madrach (Post 9547)
Up and running :thumb: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: :bananafunky: Now to go over the rules of laptop use with the wife:rtfm: lmao.

Glad to ear that everything booted back :thumb:

cdn_Madrach May 19, 2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 9548)
  1. Laptops are not designed for surfing Cosmoonline.com while soaking in the tub.......... :)

Uh..humm excuse me....it was Chatelaine.:rofl: and it was the shower:shok: :haha:

Friedchicken May 30, 2007 05:47 PM

A regular PC- I would wait 24 hrs. A laptop? double that. And be careful in either case when blowing fluid out. You may find that it gets into bad places and take alot longer to dry.

Probably the best thing you can do, is shake the water out and then leave it upside down for a couple days.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:25 PM.