Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2008, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Question about CPUZ!

When I overclock my settings sometimes I look and all the sudden it is underclocked and omg why is it 1.6ghz!!?!!?

I'm kidding :P
hehehehehehe!

My Real Problem is here:

I've been having some apparent memory issues with my board; and when in CPUZ I noticed something.

I have my ram in slots 2 and 4.

In CPUZ It shows them in 3 and 4.

Is this proper? I'm pretty sure every other time I've used it it shows them in the proper slots in CPUZ but I can't remember.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old December 10, 2008, 07:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Are your DIMMS setup 1-3-2-4 or 1-2-3-4 ???? I know for Intel boards some are grouped one way, and some the other way, and I've made that mistake too many times going from board to board. Either that or a glitch in the program? I dunno..
That could be the only thing I would think of (could be wrong)

As for the 1.6GHZ, that is solved very easily, its such a common problem.
Look over that the big flashy light with a button on it. Press and Hold it until your screen goes black. I Promise it won't run at that speed anymore.....

Good Luck
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 10, 2008, 08:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
When I overclock my settings sometimes I look and all the sudden it is underclocked and omg why is it 1.6ghz!!?!!?

I'm kidding :P hehehehehehe!

My Real Problem is here:

I've been having some apparent memory issues with my board; and when in CPUZ I noticed something.

I have my ram in slots 2 and 4.

In CPUZ It shows them in 3 and 4.

Is this proper? I'm pretty sure every other time I've used it it shows them in the proper slots in CPUZ but I can't remember.
Oh you evil little man:rtfm:
Are the slots labeled on the mobo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 11, 2008, 02:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Actually..... the most important question is "Are they showing as being in Dual Channel?????" If so, then I wouldn't be worried.

MSI used to colour their memory channels differently than industry standard, but I don't remember if the slots themselves were side/side or split.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 11, 2008, 03:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry, does it show in CPUZ as Dual channel? Haha I've honestly never looked at that all these years.

Also; I don't think they are labeled on the board; but according to the manual they are in order of 1,2,3,4 - At least I'm 99.999999% Certian haha, I can double check when I get home tonight.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old December 11, 2008, 03:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 11, 2008, 04:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Awesome thanks!

Mine just says Dual in the Channel # row; it mentions nothing in the DC Mode row.. does that matter?
Old December 11, 2008, 05:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

I think it should say symmetric....mine does.

What version of cpuid you using ?

Older versions won't always detect properly.

Old December 11, 2008, 05:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have 1.49 apparently.
Old December 11, 2008, 05:48 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I don't understand why mine says "Triple"...

Any ideas?