Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   problem... (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/1238-problem.html)

omgwtf May 13, 2007 09:39 AM

problem...

I've received some items from direct canada...I started the pc all was working, when I tried to restart the pc from the button it wasn't working. When I connected the reset wire to the pwrsw pins it worked, but the power button didn't...What to do? :blarg:

sswilson May 13, 2007 10:17 AM

You're saying that you can turn the power on using the reset switch (I'm assuming that you're using the reset switch on the power pins because the reset switch doesn't work....), but that the power button doesn't work?

If so, then either the switch or the wiring to the switch is broken.

You can try to save yourself the hassle of an rma on the case by checking out the leads to the power switch, maybe it's just a quick disconnect at the back of it that's come loose.

omgwtf May 13, 2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 8947)
You're saying that you can turn the power on using the reset switch (I'm assuming that you're using the reset switch on the power pins because the reset switch doesn't work....), but that the power button doesn't work?

If so, then either the switch or the wiring to the switch is broken.

You can try to save yourself the hassle of an rma on the case by checking out the leads to the power switch, maybe it's just a quick disconnect at the back of it that's come loose.

I don't have any memory in that system, doest that affects anything? :haha:
I powered it up using only the power supply cable it worked and then I pressed reset didn't work. I moved the reset cable where the power cable was and the power cable where the reset cable was. Now when I press reset it worked but the power button didn't...

sswilson May 13, 2007 01:09 PM

How long until you get your mem?

It might be the problem, or it could be that you need to reset the cmos. (DFI manuals now suggest that it might not post the first couple of times but just needs to be jump started.... never heard of that before but it does sound like my experience when the Ultra-D was first new).

I'd wait until you get your memory and then worry about it.

omgwtf May 13, 2007 04:43 PM

I installed a 512 ram on the new system. When I connected the cable from the monitor to the video card it needed an adaptor so I connected one. When I started the pc there was no signal on the monitor. I think the memory is the problem but I'm not sure..

clickright May 13, 2007 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgwtf (Post 8976)
I installed a 512 ram on the new system. When I connected the cable from the monitor to the video card it needed an adaptor so I connected one. When I started the pc there was no signal on the monitor. I think the memory is the problem but I'm not sure..

Any beeps/lights/fans spinning? Make sure you've got the RAM seated fully until it clicks.

omgwtf May 13, 2007 06:29 PM

Fans spinning, leds working, no beeps cuz I didn't installed the warning speaker.

clickright May 13, 2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgwtf (Post 8993)
Fans spinning, leds working, no beeps cuz I didn't installed the warning speaker.

Try hooking a speaker up. What's your board/system specs?

omgwtf May 13, 2007 06:46 PM

mobo: Asus M2N-E
cpu: X2 4600+
video: 7900GS
hdd: Seagate 320GB SataII
power supply: ocz gamexstream 600w

If I will find the speaker I will connect it :thumb:
It's the memory, I think..
Edit: found the speaker gonna connect it tomorrow..and gonna recieve a pair of 2x1gb ocz pc2-6400 800mhz memory...so I'm gonna try then.
Connected the speaker and the memory, when I power the pc I hear 1 long beep and 2 short.

omgwtf May 15, 2007 03:35 PM

Nobody?..Help please :sad: