Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2008, 05:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default rough mouse

not really a problem but more of an annoyance. you know the lil rubber things on the bottom of ur mouse,as much as i always try to keep them there they always eventually come off,which lets dirt buld up around the edges where they were making the mouse feel kinda gritty when u move it.I keep cleanin it off but in a very very very short time theres crap built up there again. anyone got any tips or w/e to fix this problem that doesn't envolve buyin a new mouse lol. i just use my desk drawer for the surface cause i find mouse pads a bigger annoyance lol
Old November 27, 2008, 07:48 AM
Top Prospect

I assume it's a laser or optical mouse?

I used to use my desk, I then grabbed one of these:

NCIX.com - Buy Func Industries 1030 Original Gaming Surface Mouse Pad 10X8.5IN Black Surface Black Base with Tin - SU-1030-BK In Canada.

I honestly didn't think it would be much difference but it was. This one has a hard plastic piece in the middle with one side being very smooth, the other being textured. I used the smooth side for 8 months and found that it started to get a bit worn down, nothing major but it didn't feel 100%. I then turned it over and now use the "rough' side and it is great. The rouh side I think will last longer as any bits of dust or dirt are less noticeable and less abrasive on the mouse.

These are not like the sponge mouse pads of yor, good luck.
Old November 27, 2008, 08:23 AM
MVP

Rough mouse ? Give it a good spanking and replace the sandpaper you are using as mousepad then get a good mousepad

Proud to be [H]ard !
Old November 27, 2008, 08:57 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Are you talking about the bottom surface (the teflon spacers not bonding properly) or are you talking about the rollers inside the mouse, if it's roller-style mouse?

If it's the Teflon, remove them and clean the adhesive. Then buy some thin double-face tape at Crappy Tire to re-bond them to the bottom surface of the mouse. Make sure you clean the bottom first too.
Old November 27, 2008, 09:47 AM
Allstar
F@H

I use rubbing alcohol and clean the feet once and while.
As prevention I try and wash my hands before using it.
If they come off, SUPERGLUE!!!
If its your work computer, whack it on the side of the desk and put in for a new one....
Old November 27, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

its a logitech optical mouse and the 2 things in the front are gone mia but the back one is still there. i gotta clean it 2 or 3 times a day,i dunno where the crap keeps commin from lol. its not a big big prob but it really sux when playin cod or something where i gotta turn real quick and the damn thing sketchs and i gotta kinda turn twice if u get what im sayin,kinda of the same thing when a ball mouse gets real dirty and the ball just rolls on the dirt instead of movin the wheel thingys. lol thingys, im real down with the pc lingo lmao
Old November 27, 2008, 10:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

So basically the front tires are gone and your driving on the rims?
Old November 27, 2008, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
So basically the front tires are gone and your driving on the rims?
yea pretty much
Old November 27, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

At work I just use the desktop as a mouse pad and this happens to me too. At home I use an actual mouse pad and it never happens. Conclusion... get a mouse pad. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 28, 2008, 07:46 AM
Allstar
F@H

ďreally sux when playin codĒ

We donít know yet if the COD is dead or not. Iím sure if it was properly dried and cured it could be used.