Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3, 2007, 07:43 PM
Top Prospect

Default Beeping sounds - Something Amiss???

Been sitting at the computer today, surfing the net. When the computer beeps 4 times. No pauses between any of them, just 4 beeps. About 30 seconds later a single beep. Been looking all over the web trying to find any info on this with no success.

Since this event nothing is out of the norm everything seems stable. Boots into windows just fine, allows over clocking... etc..etc.

The bios is by Award version 0401 on a P5N-E SLI. The system info is in the sig.

From the thread on this forum the bios should have paused after the first beep, which in this case did not happen. So far the memory is recognized and after running memtest for 2 passes, no errors are reported.
Old May 4, 2007, 04:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not sure what it means, but I would make sure that both memory sticks are secured in the slots, and the the video card is also snug in its slot.
Old May 4, 2007, 07:19 AM
Top Prospect

There's no beeps or any other errors showing up on post. The ram and graphics card are seated fine.

Could it have been a hiccup in the PSU?

Don't know what it was, but going to keep monitoring for a bit and see if it happens again.