Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2008, 06:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Need some fresh input

Okay I bought a HDD enclosure removed 2 of my storage drives (500G Seagate's) installed them into the enclosure.
Second thing I did was replace my old ata dvd drive with a sata dvd then installed 2 uv sata cables to the primary hdd (still internal) and the new dvd.
I replaced the side panel yada, yada,yada hit the power button...... it powers up but doesn't beep or post, strange I say so pop it back open check the seating, everythings fine, restart bingo it beeps but no monitor.
Shutdown again check the seating again , restart......no beep no monitor just hangs there.does this 2 more times so I pull the battery, reboot still nothing just hangs.
So again I shut down pull the 8800gt pull the sound card, pull 1 stick of ram, kill the sata cable to the dvd drive, now I should boot, power up beeps got video , so I go into the bios to throw some more v to my ram and do some minor tweaks/setup, save reboots fine but wont boot windows just bsod.
So long story short it wont boot into windows in safe-mode, star normal,and when I boot of my vista cd it gets to just past loading files and gives me the same bsod and error.
I am outta ideas on either the 8800gt issue or the bsod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton

Last edited by Supergrover; February 8, 2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old October 23, 2008, 08:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmal View Post
0x5c =
Bug Check 0x5C: HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Tons on this error in google. I had it a few times setting up my sata in bios.
Yup I missed a setting in the bios, thats what frustation does.lol

I am 99% sure the 88gt is dead my old 7600gt is installed working fine.

On the plus side my bp comprestion fittings and fester 45% bend rotating compresion fittings shipped today

As long as a whack of sleaving/shrinkwrap( getting scarce in canda since bigfoot went under) odds and ends (new molex pins ) some mosfet HS yada, yada, yada.
Funny how you can fill a order up with just small items

Ah well life is good after a few rums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton