Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2008, 05:30 PM
Allstar

Default Black dots in BF2 with 4870 X2

Was freezing upon load of game but i got that sorted out it's just to get rid of these stupid dots now. They flash as you move to if that helps anyone? lol I'm running XP to.

Old October 4, 2008, 04:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Looks like you got a bad case of Prairie dogs... i know a guy with a .22, last i heard he'll clean em up at about .25 cents per tail.... wont fill in the holes though, thats up to you. Just keep the livestock away from there till you fill em in, dont want em to step in the hole an break a leg.

EDIT: Had the guy look at the pic, he said from the size of the trees, those are some damn big gophers. He'll have to bring the 30 odd, so it'll be more like a buck an a half per... an you'll have to take care of the carcasses.

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0
Old October 4, 2008, 04:45 AM
Top Prospect

Try and uninstall ad e-install the drivers, tzetsin your comments amount to crap, I KNOW you have better.
Old October 4, 2008, 05:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldeagle View Post
Try and uninstall ad e-install the drivers, tzetsin your comments amount to crap, I KNOW you have better.
what... dont you guys have gophers in australia? thats exactly what it looks like

Try reinstalling the game, almost looks its missing a texture.

If all your games have issues, or re installing the game doesnt work, or reinstalling the game is too much of a pain in the reinstall drivers with the latest one off of the amd/ati website.

vista 64 on these rigs
Old October 4, 2008, 05:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I found the joke good,

But, if I had bought a 4870X2 and having these issues, I would be pissed and not really ready for humor.....

Did you use a nvidia card before ? If so, make sure you cleaned the drivers I had similar issues when I switched form card company.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old October 4, 2008, 05:48 AM
Allstar

Nah i'm not pissed or anything lol. Funny Gophers though. Go all Caddy Shack on there asses haha.

But yeah I have the new 8.9s & then tried the new Beta drivers to. I did use Nvidia before & wasn't sure what exactly to clean when concerning them. I uninstalled the vid drivers of course but maybe that didn't get them all? not sure. I have driver cleaner though if someone can tell me exactly what I should be cleaning as the list is quite big in the options menu right & doesn't specify Nvidia drivers lol.

I currently have this card OCd to GPU 777MHz Memory 950MHz @ 75% fan speed idle temp is 32 degrees Celcius & can of course take it higher but for now till I get this sorted out is fine. I've always had these dots also since stock clocks.
Old October 4, 2008, 06:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

download and install driversweeper, then reboot into safemode, run driversweeper, remove anything that has to do with Nvidia g card, meby get rid of the ati driver while your at it, reboot to windows, reistall ati driver. But first, did you have this problem before you overclocked? have you tried running it stock again?

vista 64 on these rigs
Old October 4, 2008, 06:27 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzetsin View Post
download and install driversweeper, then reboot into safemode, run driversweeper, remove anything that has to do with Nvidia g card, meby get rid of the ati driver while your at it, reboot to windows, reistall ati driver. But first, did you have this problem before you overclocked? have you tried running it stock again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Nah i'm not pissed or anything lol. Funny Gophers though. Go all Caddy Shack on there asses haha.

But yeah I have the new 8.9s & then tried the new Beta drivers to. I did use Nvidia before & wasn't sure what exactly to clean when concerning them. I uninstalled the vid drivers of course but maybe that didn't get them all? not sure. I have driver cleaner though if someone can tell me exactly what I should be cleaning as the list is quite big in the options menu right & doesn't specify Nvidia drivers lol.

I currently have this card OCd to GPU 777MHz Memory 950MHz @ 75% fan speed idle temp is 32 degrees Celcius & can of course take it higher but for now till I get this sorted out is fine. I've always had these dots also since stock clocks.
As I stated I have driver cleaner PE already & Yes I have had these since stock clocks as I've said.

I use Nvidia drivers for ethernet ect to right but seemed to have cleaned all the vid drivers out already.

ok tried Driversweeper & whatnot still getting them. I could try a reinstal of BF2 but I doubt that's the reason. worth a try I guess what lool.

Last edited by Sniper; October 4, 2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old October 4, 2008, 07:49 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzetsin View Post
what... dont you guys have gophers in australia? thats exactly what it looks like

Try reinstalling the game, almost looks its missing a texture.

If all your games have issues, or re installing the game doesnt work, or reinstalling the game is too much of a pain in the reinstall drivers with the latest one off of the amd/ati website.
ROFL we have wombats 25-30Kg, gophers are just like "mice"....phhh, rofl. Joke okay I have seen 2-3 wombats in my life (in the wild that is, zoo does not count!!), but they are at least 20-30Kg and rather docile herbivores. While I'm at it we don't have Kangaroos bouncing down the main street, but I know where to see them and wallabies within 10-15min drive of my house but ONLY because I live near 200-300 acres of bush. They are disappearing quickly.

Sorry for OT.

Last edited by Boldeagle; October 4, 2008 at 08:01 AM.
Old October 4, 2008, 12:58 PM
Allstar

New problem.

Once I leave the comp running not touched for however long without a screen saver running the screen freezes. Something I've never experienced before this new card either.