Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24, 2007, 07:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There must be some common thread- I'm sure it's not Scratch's fault, but perhaps there's something in that setup that is setting the boards off
Old April 24, 2007, 07:44 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I am hearing runblings that the DFI 680I took ridiculous amounts of time to release because of the crappy Nvidia reference design. They basically had to re-engineer the WHOLE board to get it right.

That is the problem withthe EVGA board...it is the Nvidia reference design.
Old April 24, 2007, 09:09 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I am hearing runblings that the DFI 680I took ridiculous amounts of time to release because of the crappy Nvidia reference design. They basically had to re-engineer the WHOLE board to get it right.

That is the problem with the EVGA board...it is the Nvidia reference design.
yes that is what I've been led to believe since I've been researching the problem. There are numerous so-called horror stories on the EVGA forums website

and to r00tman, if the board ends up not working for you, you can simply return it within 15 days to NCIX I believe and get your money back. I am pigheaded and was determined to make this system work...it kicked my ass lol