Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21, 2008, 03:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

ah thx mpg! that did it. still isnt going up much in ram though 2.3 gigs. we'll just have to see once i get those shiny new high def clouds installed though ;D

I'm not sure if the chipset drivers "didnt" work, before it didnt matter what the other settings where, if i had autogen on, the fps dropped to between 10 and 15. Now though if i turn off AA and Bloom, set the AI to lowish, i can get 20 - 30 fps with autogen turned on. crazy... aa and bloom were never a problem before lol with quad sli it shouldnt be a problem now... (even with 1 - 9800 gtx it shouldnt be a problem...) ah well... life would be too good if everything just freekin worked like it was supposed too... the FIRST time.

I reinstalled the vid drivers when i reinstalled the chipset drivers, so i might have to just tweak em up a bit to get the aa and bloom working properly. at least i can turn on autogen again, fsx just doesnt look the same without it.

now comes the next test... 10 different add ons to give or take frames lol... *crosses fingers* I havn't really had that great of experience with my shiny new Matrox triplehead2go because of this problem, so i hope this does it.

I guess the credit for the answer to this post goes to MpG, that utility (should it work like advertised with all games) should do the trick to get more than 2 gigs address space to 32 bit programs. Now hopefully software developers get on the 64 bit bandwagon sooner than later so we dont have to screw with it anymore.

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0