What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The end of EVGA?

crazyea

When you stop producing the thing that made your business what it was, it’s only a matter of time before you go out of business. I guess the gamble isn’t paying off.

ipaine

When you stop producing the thing that made your business what it was, it’s only a matter of time before you go out of business. I guess the gamble isn’t paying off.
I understood (but don't like it) them leaving Nvidia but I was thinking it would have been smarter for them to transition over to the AMD side. I mean they actually have some decent GPU's now and I think both AMD and evga would have benefited.

I just think that you would have seen a decent number of people move to AMD just because of evga, but hey what do I know, except I still have no idea where my next gpu will come from. And I guess a little more worried about warranty for the couple evga cards I still have.

JD

Staff member
They surely laid blame solely on NVIDIA, but none of the other manufacturers ceased to make cards... I'm guessing the company as a whole is simply not profitable.

crazyea

They surely laid blame solely on NVIDIA, but none of the other manufacturers ceased to make cards... I'm guessing the company as a whole is simply not profitable.
And they probably thought the white nighting would lead to more customer support in their other projects.

But they really misjudged their employees desires I guess.

moocow

Must be something more serious going on in the backroom. You don't have everyone rage quit at the same time without pissing them off somehow. If you look at Corsair and Thermaltake, they survive just fine without GPU and they both expanded to other areas.

ipaine

Must be something more serious going on in the backroom. You don't have everyone rage quit at the same time without pissing them off somehow. If you look at Corsair and Thermaltake, they survive just fine without GPU and they both expanded to other areas.
I'm thinking there could be more going on for sure.

Tinfoil hat on
Perhaps AMD approached them and Evga CEO turned them down effectively destroying anyones hopes that they might re-enter the gpu market. And lets face it there were a lot of them (employees) that dealt with just gpu related matters. I would guess that turning AMD down would make them realize it is dead and time to jump ship before it completely sinks with them still in it.
Tinfoil hat off

Sure other companies can survive without gpus, but while I have been happy with the evga psus, they have and will always be known for their video cards. Without the cards, I just feel that they are missing what made them great.

Bond007

I can't remember what site it was on, but I read somewhere that this may be a local group/location that is done with and not necessarily anything large scale (fingers crossed). We will see...

EDIT:
This is what I had read.

"Update 07:45 UTC: We've heard from workers at EVGA Spain "it's just another day at the office". So maybe it was only Kingpin/the OC team in TW that has resigned, or the whole story is completely untrue."

Last edited:

Soultribunal

Staff member
The smart move IMO would have been for them to resign from nVidia and take up Intel's GPU. They had a lot of consumer trust and a good market penetration. Intel could use a good AIB to help them expand as they upgrade their offerings and EVGA would have been the perfect pairing.

I wonder if they squandered that opportunity.

-ST

Latest posts