What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need advice with colling and case model

Szatanshow

Hello I need advice in selecting proper cooling for Cpu and a proper case for my current PC since the case i currently had have to be open in order to mount gpu.

Problem with cooling of Cpu is caused by motherboard model https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z97N-WIFI-rev-10#ov
As you see its not much space on it especially between cpu and ram and im puzzled what cooler i should take the Cpu is Intel I7 4790K currently only stock cooling on it that don't do its job since cpu temps are 80-95 during any kind of gaming.

Add to that above i need a good case that will allow me to mount this motherboard (or if needed some other but have no clue which one to select) and GTX 1080Ti with good airflow. Not to expensive if possible.

Im adding a picture for better understanding of a problem with space

Attachments

• IMG_20180228_114851a_resize.jpg
    IMG_20180228_114851a_resize.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 68

sswilson

Staff member
What kind of budget are you looking at?

Depending on what case you decide on you can choose pretty much any aftermarket cooler depending on your case's height restrictions. If you're on a budget, I'm still a fan of the CM 212 line which should fit fine.

Szatanshow

Budget...currently cant only spend around 150 euros (case + cooler)
If needed new motherboard well in future i could spend a bit more

Im not sure if this motherboard is any good for this Gpu i got (pc was originally a award for something i cant recall right now. With a bit different specs just motherboard is what is left from it and the case with is small)

In a motherboard stuff im complete amateur when comes to selecting a good one.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
I'm running the exact same motherboard myself with a 4770K and a 1070ti so there's no worries about it being able to run a GFX card. It's only a question of whether your Power supply can handle the card.

As far as cases go.... since it's mITX you can go with pretty much any case you want so long as it will accept a standard ATX power supply.

Szatanshow

So one problem would be solved I was looking in find something like this ZALMAN - ZALMAN looks inetersing visualy at lest dont know about airflow.

But what about CPU cooler? The space is very limited between ram and cpu not to mantion Gpu is right there alaso (on the left side you cans see a bit of it)

Last edited:

AkG

CM 212+ for the cooler
Phanteks Enthoo Pro (or Luxe depending on cost in your country).

Latest posts