What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Method to permanently lock balance levels?

sswilson

Staff member
The way my new speakers are mounted I was unable to position them at equal distances from the center so I'm trying to set a fixed balance on them (mainly for stereo positioning in games) but the default methods (either through the main speaker settings or the advanced speaker "properties") reset to 1:1 if the main speaker volume is dropped to zero (it keeps the ratio so long as you don't drop to zero).

Is there something I'm missing? Normally I'd look to the Realtek control panel for this kind of setting (over and above basic windows ones) but the MSI drivers page for this board point to a windows store app that refuses to install.

Anything else I can look at other than trying to set the balance within game audio settings? (For Music, the Amazon Music windows app doesn't appear to have an equalizer that would do this, but I'm not going to be playing much music on this build anyways).

sswilson

Staff member
Well, as you know the best way is positioning, so if the games retain that setting, that may be the easiest solution. Then just fiddle a little when you play music.

That's the simplest solution, and/or just reminding myself to not turn the volume down to absolute zero. :)

It's just irksome that Windows defaults to zeroing the setting when volume is set to zero.

sswilson

Staff member
I just balance through windows. Works fine.

As stated above, that's probably how I'm going to go, but the bloody setting resets itself to a 1:1 ratio if you drop the volume down to zero. (Haven't confirmed yet if the setting survives a reboot).

Latest posts