What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Looking for Decent cheap speakers for a simple 2.0 or 2.1 set up

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
This is a speaker replacement for a PC setup on gaming monitor. I'd say 60% gaming use, 30% streaming, 10% music use.

Onboard sound with digital out as an option.

Room is 14x14 with 10ft ceilings.

LaughingCrow

This is a speaker replacement for a PC setup on gaming monitor. I'd say 60% gaming use, 30% streaming, 10% music use.

Onboard sound with digital out as an option.

Room is 14x14 with 10ft ceilings.
I've been happy with these. Mind you the price was much lower when I bought them and you probably can find them cheaper somewhere besides Amazon. I have them on 2 computers. Small enough for the desk, large enough to punch out sound with fairly good bass response for the size. Edifier have other speakers.

Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers - 2.0 Stereo Active Near Field Monitors

PC Mag review

Lysrin

Is there a 5.1-ish setup out there at good value right now? Id rather not get down the passive/amplifier rabbit hole, so lets not tickle my loose credit card habits further than active, please :ROFLMAO:
I am happy with my 2.0 Edifiers too, and was going to suggest them, but then realised Sagath looks to be after a 5.1 set up for this use. Not sure he's interested in 2.0/2.1 options? Yes he hijacked this thread, making the title now confusing ;)

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I am happy with my 2.0 Edifiers too, and was going to suggest them, but then realised Sagath looks to be after a 5.1 set up for this use. Not sure he's interested in 2.0/2.1 options? Yes he hijacked this thread, making the title now confusing ;)

Yeah I'm not sold on 5.1, which is why I posted here actually haha.

I might set up a price check on CCC for Amazon, as I was already looking at the 1280s...

sswilson

Staff member

I might set up a price check on CCC for Amazon, as I was already looking at the 1280s...

I wouldn't shop for them at Amazon. The canadian Edifier store has frequent sales. They've also got a long standing "certified refurbished" page with significant savings over retail

Lysrin

I bought my Edifiers directly from Edifier Canada, as @sswilson said, during I think it was a Father's Day sale a couple years back. Good purchasing experience. No issues.

Latest posts