What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EPIC Deal: Dell 2209WA eIPS 22" LCD Monitor - $250 Shipped & Taxes Included

Thund3rball

Ok this is an eIPS panel, meaning it uses 6 bit drivers instead of 8 bit drivers. So the quality really depends on the dithering. If they did a poor job on dithering this thing will be squishing blacks badly imo. Someone buy it and tell us, by tonight! :)

Thund3rball

Heh heh, I may have talked work into getting me a couple of these, since my CRTs are getting pretty old. Just wish I could justify pulling the trigger on one for home!

sa seba

Holy Crap.
The better half needs a monitor and that would be just perfect.

/prays for dell to extend the deal till next wednesday

vulcan500rider

Damnit. I really wish I had more money. What do you guys think about going from a 22" Samsung 226BW? I could always try to sell the 226 locally to recoup most of the cost...but would I really notice THAT big a difference? My time on it would mostly be spent gaming or typing. Should I just wait until I can upgrade size as well? I hear a similar 24" may be in the works...

Thund3rball

OK I got work to buy 5 of these so they better have awesome colour or they'll have my head!

I even got the OK from "she who is always right" (lol) but I am going to hold off on picking one of these up for myself at home. My 2007WFP is the sweetest monitor I have ever owned and aside from this new 22" one being 2 inches wider (and an amazing price) I don't think it's an upgrade.

Damnit. I really wish I had more money. What do you guys think about going from a 22" Samsung 226BW? I could always try to sell the 226 locally to recoup most of the cost...but would I really notice THAT big a difference? My time on it would mostly be spent gaming or typing. Should I just wait until I can upgrade size as well? I hear a similar 24" may be in the works...

Yes! If you can do it, I would say do it. The 226BW is a TN panel, this one is IPS. No comparison when it comes to colour. But if you want to upgrade to 24" and are happy with it, then wait.

Thund3rball