Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > TechWiki

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2009, 12:20 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Ah, some of them DID have the same file name! Glad it's fixed

Old August 19, 2009, 05:09 PM
Rookie

umm...under the image tab..it dosn't show "upload images" button anymore...this hanppened to both of my lastest products..
Old August 22, 2009, 11:14 AM
Rookie

Exclamation No way to delete one's own images

I happened to accidently submit the same image twice with a typo in the caption and found no way to delete the image and resubmit it. Am I missing something or this functionality just doesn't exist ?
Old August 22, 2009, 02:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When the image is uploaded click on it to zoom and then click the X in the bottom right.
Old August 22, 2009, 03:09 PM
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
When the image is uploaded click on it to zoom and then click the X in the bottom right.
Appreciate the response .... Corrected my mistakes .. Thanks !!
Old August 25, 2009, 11:17 PM
Allstar
F@H

Hmmm, added a couple of things, had to delete 3 images though from one of them, they popped up duplicate for some reason...and for some reason I can't add secondary images to my Seagate drive, but oh well. It's kinda fun doing this.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old September 3, 2009, 05:31 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk View Post
OK, I've investigated the problem and came up with 2 possible scenarios:

1. You uploaded a different image but with the same filename and it overwrote the older one you uploaded. This issue has been fixed and shouldn't happen again.

Let me know if the problem still persist.

I am running into this issue today. First of all my new uploaded images were overwriting someone's older images, causing there to be doubles, while still showing that the other person was the uploader of my images.

Then, my new uploaded images were being overwritten by someone's older images. Again causing doubles.

Deleting my uploads off the site and renaming and re-uploading the files did not help.

I did get some pics up without issue but I have had to delete a bunch of my work from this evening because of the doubles that get created.

Please ask if there is more information needed.
Old September 4, 2009, 09:25 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

I have run into a few products that have the "Images", "Reviews" and "Videos" tabs coming up blank. Here is one example:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB ST31000340AS Hard Drive - Features, Specs, Images, Videos, and Reviews - TechWiki

If you click on the "Specs" tab you will also see that the user reviews, comments and the whole techwiki website footer has been merged into this section. There is no apparent way to edit this out.
Old September 7, 2009, 08:42 AM
Rookie

This might not be a bug but saw a mistake and thought I'll ask the question. How does one remove a video not submitted by them but is clearly unrelated to the product in question ... ?

The product in question can be found here ...
HP Officejet J4580 All-In-One Inkjet Printer - Features, Specs, Images, Videos, and Reviews - TechWiki

Thanks ..
Old September 7, 2009, 08:10 PM
Rookie

So no way to remove videos .... ???

I'm finding products all over the place that have unrelated videos attached to them ...

Any help would be appreciated ... and would help clean out the product pages ..!!