Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4, 2014, 12:01 PM
Rookie

Exclamation Closed

Closed

Last edited by Ashihtaka; May 12, 2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old May 4, 2014, 12:12 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Please note that all new BST threads enter into moderation. Threads are usually approved/declined within 24hrs. There is a 25 post minimum before you can post a new thread in the B/S/T area.
This would be the reason why.
Old May 4, 2014, 12:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
This would be the reason why.
Thank you. Didn't see the 25 post minimum.
Old May 4, 2014, 12:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

... let the 25 post spamming commence :P
Old May 4, 2014, 01:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

And just that was done... Nothing like spamming up a board with useless crap to peddle things.

This kind of thing is why the post count should be @ 100 to participate in the BST section. It should be there for established members who actually contribute to the site.
Old May 4, 2014, 01:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
... let the 25 post spamming commence :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
And just that was done... Nothing like spamming up a board with useless crap to peddle things.

This kind of thing is why the post count should be @ 100 to participate in the BST section. It should be there for established members who actually contribute to the site.

Quote:
There is a 25 post minimum before you can post a new thread in the B/S/T area. You will be locked out of the forum without this. Spamming other areas of the forum in order to boost your post count may result in deletion of the messages, future restriction from the B/S/T section or potential forum ban.
If you see somebody spamming the forum for post count you can always report one of the posts and a moderator will have a look.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 10, 2014, 09:13 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
I can understand why people may feel this way, but from the other side of the coin - This can be an issue for people who like to use the BST section but dont regularly post(E.G Myself - I tend to lurk and read the articles much more then post)

With that being said, i've only ever made one purchase but none the less IMO.
Old May 13, 2014, 10:45 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I'm trying to reach the 25 limit to put something up for sale. But I also don't want to just spam the walls and contribute meaningful posts. Considering the forums aren't as busy as others I visit, this 25 limit is very hard to do. I guess voicing my opinion about it is counting as another

I'm not sure why you have to be a regular contributor in order to participate in selling. It's not like there are some key insensitives to sell here?
Old May 13, 2014, 12:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The idea is to help protect members from scammers, as someone who's been around for a while and participated in the community is less likely to scam someone.

We also don't want to be Craigslist, Kijiji or Redflagdeals. The BST is a service for the contributing members, not a drive-thru sales area.

While some people may find this a bit harsh, it's done to protect the community. On Xtremesystems you can't even SEE the BST until you have 100 posts. I've been a member there for 3 years and still can't see it.
Old May 13, 2014, 12:31 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
The idea is to help protect members from scammers, as someone who's been around for a while and participated in the community is less likely to scam someone.

We also don't want to be Craigslist, Kijiji or Redflagdeals. The BST is a service for the contributing members, not a drive-thru sales area.

While some people may find this a bit harsh, it's done to protect the community. On Xtremesystems you can't even SEE the BST until you have 100 posts. I've been a member there for 3 years and still can't see it.
Or 25 quote becomes a tool to help build a false sense of trust. Pretty easy for me to create fake threads and reply to anything if I were seriously trying to scam a bunch of people. But you know best. Not sure the history of the BST and if there has been a serious history of scammers.