Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2013, 09:47 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default Problem viewing threads and profile graphics

Hey folks;
Having issues viewing HWC over the past few days at work and at home. Both instances Chrome. Adblockers are disabled for HWC.

Edit: cold meds slowing me down...works fine in IE.

Problem 1: If I view one of my posts this is what my 'avatar' area looks like:

Problem 2: If I view a bunch of threads, all looks good as below:

If I view a thread that I have replied to (I must meet both conditions...view the thread, and have replied to it at some point) this is what my 'new post' search results look like:

Any ideas why Chrome is doing this? Disabling add-ons don't seem to help, clearing cache, etc.
Fold for team #54196
Old December 11, 2013, 10:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

if the Adons are disabled the possibly a script is doing it I used to run scripts in both Firefox and chrome based webrowsers with out having to use an addon and of course right now I don't remember how I did this it might also be a new setting in the options part of chrome I think that crome has a built in type of ad blocker
Old December 11, 2013, 12:34 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Hmmm....not having that issue but then again, I flatly refuse to update Chrome anymore.

Mobile Chrome on a Nexus 5 seems to be A-OK too.
Old December 11, 2013, 12:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't seen that issue on Chrome at home, or Internet Explorer at work either.