Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2013, 09:28 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Default $2000 PC giveaway joke thread.

Way to shit on your long time loyal members HWC. You know those one post entries will never be back here. Sometimes I don't understand what you are thinking.
Old November 27, 2013, 09:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

All I can say is I 100% ignored the thread and didn't even read it as I have a lot of money and I would feel bad trying to win a computer when I just bought over $2500 in computer parts. It is silly how often contest winners seem to be the 'new person' who joined just for that. Either way it is advertising for NCIX, so they don't really care about rewarding a loyal member.
Old November 27, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Way to shit on your long time loyal members HWC. You know those one post entries will never be back here. Sometimes I don't understand what you are thinking.
But c'mon all that extra traffic to HWC and NCIX must account for something!
Old November 27, 2013, 09:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree entirely with the OP, having been a little out of the loop, I decided to look at builds (by long term posters) and I had a really hard time finding some. I did go through all the pages back when there were something like 40 pages.

I would love to see some sort of reward for people that are either long term members or new participating members. It could take the form of having a minimum of x number of meaningful posts, increasing the chances of members that have been part of HWC before November 2013, having the contest end on a set date, but having the draw 3 weeks later and factoring the activity (specially of those one hit wonders) in those 3 weeks.

I know the marketing strategy here is to have people discover and use HWC (and NCIX) and if out of those hundreds of new members only 5% become active members, then it is worth it. But, I was nonetheless dissapointed by the incredible number of new comers. I am actually just praying some contributing member wins... I don't care if I don't win, I will be happy for someone I trust, someone who's a real HWC brother, not an HWC leach that leaves as soon as the fridge is empty.
Old November 27, 2013, 10:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
I agree entirely with the OP, having been a little out of the loop, I decided to look at builds (by long term posters) and I had a really hard time finding some. I did go through all the pages back when there were something like 40 pages.

I would love to see some sort of reward for people that are either long term members or new participating members. It could take the form of having a minimum of x number of meaningful posts, increasing the chances of members that have been part of HWC before November 2013, having the contest end on a set date, but having the draw 3 weeks later and factoring the activity (specially of those one hit wonders) in those 3 weeks.

I know the marketing strategy here is to have people discover and use HWC (and NCIX) and if out of those hundreds of new members only 5% become active members, then it is worth it. But, I was nonetheless dissapointed by the incredible number of new comers. I am actually just praying some contributing member wins... I don't care if I don't win, I will be happy for someone I trust, someone who's a real HWC brother, not an HWC leach that leaves as soon as the fridge is empty.
The whole contest vs ltm topic has been brought over and over and again and somehow a new guy with 10 posts always win.
Old November 27, 2013, 10:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
The whole contest vs ltm topic has been brought over and over and again and somehow a new guy with 10 posts always win.
It is raised every contest. I remember there was even one where LTM's got bonus entries for each (X?) on the site.

Realistically lets call a spade a spade; think of the traffic money gained from all the viewed ads those 1 pump chumps see on the site! Should pay for that 2k pc atleast twice .
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 27, 2013, 10:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I seem to also remember that someone that I don't ever remember seeing wins.
the thing is the purpose ( or I think it is the purpose) of these types of contest is to bring more attention or traffic now the problem is that if a member like myself or others that are on here at least once a day were to win then the new people that just joined would think of it as favoritism so it is a hard for both this forum and NCIX to be fair.
and on the other side if they have say you need so many posts before you qualify then you get one or two line spam posts.
all I know is that if you don't try there is no way you can every win.
Old November 27, 2013, 10:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

let us say that there are 40 long term members who sign up.... then you get 150 "trial members" who sign up. There is only a ~25% chance a long term member will win.
Old November 27, 2013, 10:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Realistically lets call a spade a spade; think of the traffic money gained from all the viewed ads those 1 pump chumps see on the site! Should pay for that 2k pc atleast twice .
That is true, but realistically, what generates more traffic 1000 one hit wonder who come to the website once (maybe twice to see if they've won) or 40 beaver trolls who come to the website daily going through many pages for many months to come and many past months.
Old November 27, 2013, 10:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Not one of these threads again.....

If this contest was sponsored and run by HWC I would get pissed at all the one post count/new member entries. But as I have come to accept it, this is a NCIX contest. HWC just gets the benefit of extra traffic.