Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2013, 11:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You realize that the guy who started HWC WORKS for NCIX right?
I am well aware of how deep NCIX is involved in this forum. It would be safe to say NCIX owns this place for all intents and purposes.
Old November 27, 2013, 11:14 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It's only natural that HWC and NCIX would be close. We both have an interest in the other's survival. Plus, without NCIX's support, we would have never recovered from last year's attack.
Old November 27, 2013, 11:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

let the flood gates open for I see can enter as many times wanted now, first it was single entery good luck to all even tally keepers got more work

let the hedge funding begin
Old November 27, 2013, 11:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
I love this thread! All the time people are complaining, you're not working on Perineum's mom. More time for me...

But seriously... the alternative is no contest at all. I'll take a small chance to win a FREE contest for a $2k PC over NO chance any day. Would it suck if a single poster won? Sure. But that's the way it goes. I'm not on HWC to win free stuff, so the chance to do so is just a bonus.

Exactly!

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old November 27, 2013, 11:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Since when was this a HWC-only contest? NCIX is the primary sponsor and has every right to include anyone they want into it.

I also want to bring up that the last time we put in "bonus tiers" for members with more than 100 posts, plenty of members artificially padded their post count with nonsense or necro'd old threads in an effort hit the next tier.

Basically, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't
this is exactly what I was trying to say so know one wins only so much can be done.
Old November 27, 2013, 12:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I agree its disappointing to see 20 new posters for every regular member. Its good publicity for the site though, and a more active site means more frequent give aways. I hope that hwc is able to figure out if people are posting multiple times under different email addresses and accounts, as I'm not sure how they could stop it. I can't complain though as I have had the good luck of winning hardware twice in the last 4 years!
Old November 27, 2013, 12:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I understand Why...I get it. I entered. If 4000 people enter the contest, those are still better odds than most other lotteries I've played.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old November 27, 2013, 12:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by odis172 View Post
I agree its disappointing to see 20 new posters for every regular member. Its good publicity for the site though, and a more active site means more frequent give aways. I hope that hwc is able to figure out if people are posting multiple times under different email addresses and accounts, as I'm not sure how they could stop it. I can't complain though as I have had the good luck of winning hardware twice in the last 4 years!
Thing is the majority of those new people never actually participate. I have been here since the beginning and all I mostly see is the same few regulars posting over and over. There is the odd duck who decides to remain faithful to the size but its not that many.
Old November 27, 2013, 12:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Thing is the majority of those new people never actually participate. I have been here since the beginning and all I mostly see is the same few regulars posting over and over. There is the odd duck who decides to remain faithful to the size but its not that many.
But some of them do, and gaining new members is never a bad thing. Be it 1 or 100.
And for all the bitching, we already have new recruits making posts elsewhere on the forum and participating.
That's a win in my books.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 27, 2013, 12:37 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Darnit. Saw thread title, thought that someone thought they won a PC but really didn't. That would have been interesting!!!
Fold for team #54196
Closed Thread