LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2013, 10:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Not one of these threads again.....

If this contest was sponsored and run by HWC I would get pissed at all the one post count/new member entries. But as I have come to accept it, this is a NCIX contest. HWC just gets the benefit of extra traffic.
You are right, very right indeed. But it is better than a regular NCIX contest because HWC is still a canadian website unlike NCIX (it seems). They chose to limit the prize to 2000$ to include Quebec without too much complications, which is not something NCIX does anymore. Despite all that was said before, thank you HWC for everything.
Old November 27, 2013, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I remember when I was a writer for Techgage and they gave away a $4-5K complete system. A new poster won it, received the PC and promptly broke it up and sold it off in pieces. The worst part is that he even had the nerve to post about it on their forum. Ever since then, I pretty much avoid contests, unless they are super easy to enter.

This current one is too much of a PITA, I doubt I will enter, but you never know. Besides, you can't win if you don't enter, new member or an old complaining fart like Squee......

Last edited by b1lk1; November 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old November 27, 2013, 10:34 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Since when was this a HWC-only contest? NCIX is the primary sponsor and has every right to include anyone they want into it.

I also want to bring up that the last time we put in "bonus tiers" for members with more than 100 posts, plenty of members artificially padded their post count with nonsense or necro'd old threads in an effort hit the next tier.

Basically, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.
Old November 27, 2013, 10:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Since when was this a HWC-only contest? NCIX is the primary sponsor and has every right to include anyone they want into it.

I also want to bring up that the last time we put in "bonus tiers" for members with more than 100 posts, plenty of members artificially padded their post count with nonsense or necro'd old threads in an effort hit the next tier.

Basically, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.
AMEN!
Old November 27, 2013, 10:44 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

It was a contest like this (for a PS3 back in the day iirc) that got me to be active on the site (sort of, I think most of my posts are in the OT section ... not that there's that many to start with), so if the contest garners a few more individuals who try to be productive members, then the community is better as a whole.

I know I won't win (not that lucky), but I do hope that one of the LTM's of the site does walk away with the prize. Thanks to HWC and NCIX for sponsoring anyways!
Old November 27, 2013, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

bah now I'm tempted to enter just so I can give the computer to someone if I win :P One less chance of a trial member winning.
Old November 27, 2013, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i never even look at most contest i just buy my stuff ( i have pretty bad luck with things like that )
Old November 27, 2013, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I love this thread! All the time people are complaining, you're not working on Perineum's mom. More time for me...

But seriously... the alternative is no contest at all. I'll take a small chance to win a FREE contest for a $2k PC over NO chance any day. Would it suck if a single poster won? Sure. But that's the way it goes. I'm not on HWC to win free stuff, so the chance to do so is just a bonus.
Old November 27, 2013, 10:57 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Way to shit on your long time loyal members HWC. You know those one post entries will never be back here. Sometimes I don't understand what you are thinking.
This isn't a HWC contest. It is just one of three ways to enter. If you don't like it? Well that doesn't really matter.
NCIX FORUMS - NCIX Black Friday Wishlist Contests!
Old November 27, 2013, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Not one of these threads again.....

If this contest was sponsored and run by HWC I would get pissed at all the one post count/new member entries. But as I have come to accept it, this is a NCIX contest. HWC just gets the benefit of extra traffic.
You realize that the guy who started HWC WORKS for NCIX right?
Closed Thread