Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17, 2013, 07:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default The thread that went downhill

This needs to be implemented.

We have too many mods who are asleep at times when needed and reporting a post is useless.
Old November 17, 2013, 07:26 PM

My System Specs

I don't see the need. We get emailed when someone reports a post.
Old November 17, 2013, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

More mods with less power than the regulars?
Old November 17, 2013, 08:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Nope. Reported posts are enough. It's just that we don't usually bother to respond to the member reporting the post, we just deal with the issue if it requires it. We have 6 mods across 3 time zones.
Old November 18, 2013, 09:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
This needs to be implemented.

We have too many mods who are asleep at times when needed and reporting a post is useless.
We all need our rest, and reporting a User will get you no further than reporting a post when we are sleeping.

We have coast to coast coverage but there is a lag , and that cannot be avoided.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 19, 2013, 06:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Honestly, it has calmed down here significantly as of late, I too don't see a need for it.

If anything, ban politics and religion in off topic, that would go a very long way to keeping things civil.
Old November 20, 2013, 04:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Honestly, it has calmed down here significantly as of late, I too don't see a need for it.

If anything, ban politics and religion in off topic, that would go a very long way to keeping things civil.
There have been discussions of late WRT this.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old November 20, 2013, 04:46 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I usually don't get involved in the political or religion debates but banning them really does not do anyone any justice. I would understand if you did, because it gets out of hand more often then not.

I don't think they should be banned, people obviously have some stuff on their chest and want to discuss them with like minded computer enthusiasts. If you ban it where do you draw the line? right now in the US they are discussing crytpo currencies apparently turning into a political issue. Some time ago the pope started using an ipad...sorry couldn't think of a good current example there... If it doesnt drive the mods to drink, don't ban it.
Old November 20, 2013, 05:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
I usually don't get involved in the political or religion debates but banning them really does not do anyone any justice. I would understand if you did, because it gets out of hand more often then not.

I don't think they should be banned, people obviously have some stuff on their chest and want to discuss them with like minded computer enthusiasts. If you ban it where do you draw the line? right now in the US they are discussing crytpo currencies apparently turning into a political issue. Some time ago the pope started using an ipad...sorry couldn't think of a good current example there... If it doesnt drive the mods to drink, don't ban it.
Rob Ford doesnt have a lick of beans to do with a Technology site. Crypto currencies and politics is fine, until you start drawing liberal/conservative discussion in to it and taking sides. Debating the merits of a free market currency can be done without resorting to politics of the US senate.

I for one welcome our 'No Politics or Religion' overlords. Might push a couple people who do nothing on the forums but rant in those threads elsewhere.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 20, 2013, 09:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

BlueByte, when was the last time anything political/religious were discussed in the OT and it did not end up in name calling and such? They all end that way. I would strongly prefer to just not see those types of threads here. Never mind that it is a computer site, one of the best sites I visit that has adult conversations about politics is a car forum.

The sad fact is that there is no possibility of an adult discussion on these topics in the OT.