Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   The thread that went downhill (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/64165-thread-went-downhill.html)

enaberif November 17, 2013 07:17 PM

The thread that went downhill
 
This needs to be implemented.

We have too many mods who are asleep at times when needed and reporting a post is useless.

lowfat November 17, 2013 07:26 PM

I don't see the need. We get emailed when someone reports a post.

Perineum November 17, 2013 07:42 PM

More mods with less power than the regulars?

SugarJ November 17, 2013 08:01 PM

Nope. Reported posts are enough. It's just that we don't usually bother to respond to the member reporting the post, we just deal with the issue if it requires it. We have 6 mods across 3 time zones.

Soultribunal November 18, 2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 741532)
This needs to be implemented.

We have too many mods who are asleep at times when needed and reporting a post is useless.

We all need our rest, and reporting a User will get you no further than reporting a post when we are sleeping.

We have coast to coast coverage but there is a lag , and that cannot be avoided.


-ST

b1lk1 November 19, 2013 06:03 PM

Honestly, it has calmed down here significantly as of late, I too don't see a need for it.

If anything, ban politics and religion in off topic, that would go a very long way to keeping things civil.

sswilson November 20, 2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1lk1 (Post 741953)
Honestly, it has calmed down here significantly as of late, I too don't see a need for it.

If anything, ban politics and religion in off topic, that would go a very long way to keeping things civil.

There have been discussions of late WRT this.

BlueByte November 20, 2013 04:46 AM

I usually don't get involved in the political or religion debates but banning them really does not do anyone any justice. I would understand if you did, because it gets out of hand more often then not.

I don't think they should be banned, people obviously have some stuff on their chest and want to discuss them with like minded computer enthusiasts. If you ban it where do you draw the line? right now in the US they are discussing crytpo currencies apparently turning into a political issue. Some time ago the pope started using an ipad...sorry couldn't think of a good current example there... If it doesnt drive the mods to drink, don't ban it.

Sagath November 20, 2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueByte (Post 742006)
I usually don't get involved in the political or religion debates but banning them really does not do anyone any justice. I would understand if you did, because it gets out of hand more often then not.

I don't think they should be banned, people obviously have some stuff on their chest and want to discuss them with like minded computer enthusiasts. If you ban it where do you draw the line? right now in the US they are discussing crytpo currencies apparently turning into a political issue. Some time ago the pope started using an ipad...sorry couldn't think of a good current example there... If it doesnt drive the mods to drink, don't ban it.

Rob Ford doesnt have a lick of beans to do with a Technology site. Crypto currencies and politics is fine, until you start drawing liberal/conservative discussion in to it and taking sides. Debating the merits of a free market currency can be done without resorting to politics of the US senate.

I for one welcome our 'No Politics or Religion' overlords. Might push a couple people who do nothing on the forums but rant in those threads elsewhere. :thumb:

b1lk1 November 20, 2013 09:03 AM

BlueByte, when was the last time anything political/religious were discussed in the OT and it did not end up in name calling and such? They all end that way. I would strongly prefer to just not see those types of threads here. Never mind that it is a computer site, one of the best sites I visit that has adult conversations about politics is a car forum.

The sad fact is that there is no possibility of an adult discussion on these topics in the OT.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:27 AM.