Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2013, 09:10 PM
Rookie

Default Canada Computers purchasing warning

Canada Computers I thought was a good store for hardware, but I purchased a EVGA X79 DARK and was bad out of the box. First I must mention that when I first heard of the motherboard I sent out a E-mail to Canada Computers and the the reply was "it is not out yet but when it is we will be stocking it" . So yesturday I recieved the board and after installing it which was not a quick job because of my liquid cooling setup but to my surprised it was faulty the PCIe slots did not work. At the time it came out they did not have it in stock so I had to order it and they asked for a 10% down payment , no problems it came a week later. Today I went to return the board and they say is was a spiacall order andey had changed the I had to RMA through EVGA but the website saying it was not a stocked idem even though thier Merival store had it in stock and was not a special order idem. I was not aware of this untill I payed for this and was on the back of the reciet. To say the least I was pissed off . am just posting this so anyone who is thinking of making a purchase from Canada Computers should think again because the conditions are not make aware of the conditions untill you make the purchase which are on the back of the reciet.

All I can say is after spending thousands, I will not drop one more cent in that store.
Old November 3, 2013, 09:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

dumping ground for electronic's with a psu I got an they said serial # not found in data base was 5yr warranty it failed 7 months
Old November 3, 2013, 09:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

haha sorry to hear about that bud, you should google CC and bad CS you ain't the first to be pissed at them it has to be one of the shitiest stores going..
Old November 3, 2013, 10:25 PM

My System Specs

Canada Computers is the only company where I've had to go to the BBB to get them to refund me the money they owed.
Old November 3, 2013, 11:33 PM
MVP

My System Specs

But I love their low prices - works great getting price matches from reputable vendors.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old November 3, 2013, 11:38 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortkentdad View Post
But I love their low prices - works great getting price matches from reputable vendors.
NCIX gives that plus 100% better customer service
Old November 4, 2013, 04:58 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I have had good and bad experiences there. I find that it depends on the store and employee.

At the Pacific Mall store I bought a Crosshair mobo and when I got to the car I took a peek at it and found that it was an opened and returned item. Walked back into the store and they swapped it no problem.

Another time I asked for a price match and they only matched approx 95%.

Other than the issues mentioned above, have had little issue with the $1000s I have spent there.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 4, 2013, 06:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Other than the sometimes rude and uneducated counter person, I've had mostly good experiences with CanadaComputers. I've had the same level of bad service from NCIX so I chalk this up to a crappy employee.

Next time, try to politely ask for a manager and calmly make your case. Most of the time they will listen.
Old November 6, 2013, 04:00 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Since CC has opened in London I haven't had any issues with their services. Return or purchase wise. There was a time I travelled to pacific mall and a few other outlets to purchase a few years back and you feel rushed and unimportant (basically buy what you need, hurry and get out of the damn store attitude). So I agree its who you have to deal with. Sorry for your bad experience.

Funny thing to add. I was out in BC years ago before ncix opened shop in Ontario and since I used to order tons before they were forced to sell items with hst which made it no less cheaper to buy, I decided to check out one of their stores. I experienced the same hurry up and buy or get out attitude I got from CC stores in the GTA area.
Xfx R9 290X (x2) Sapphire Tri-X 290X 6048x1200/2560x1440 @120Hz| Dell 2709W (left/right) Yamakasi Q270 Catleap 2b 120hz version (center)
OCZ Vertex 3 (x2) Raid 0 480Gb - Windows 8.1 PRO (windows 7 mockup)
Corsair Obsidian 800D | Seasonic X-1250
HeatKiller 3.0 | EK R9 290x WB (x3) | TFC Exchanger Quad Rad |Thermochill PA120.3 rad|TFC Dual rad Scythe Gentle Typhoon (x9) |Swiftech MCP655 (x2) | EK drive bay Res.
Old November 7, 2013, 02:43 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I only shop at CC. I love that store to death. Spent about $3000 there over the last couple years. Thanks for the warning though, LeadSled.