Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4, 2013, 04:45 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Got a question here.

I'm a new member here at Hardware Canucks, so maybe I have used the wrong forum section.
Anyway, are you guys planning to review the Gigabyte GTX 680 SuperOverclock? I tried to find the review, but I didn't find any.

I'm a huge fan of Hardware Canucks' reviews as well! Their reviews are always a pleasure to read.
Old April 4, 2013, 05:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3p1 View Post
I'm a new member here at Hardware Canucks, so maybe I have used the wrong forum section.
Anyway, are you guys planning to review the Gigabyte GTX 680 SuperOverclock? I tried to find the review, but I didn't find any.

I'm a huge fan of Hardware Canucks' reviews as well! Their reviews are always a pleasure to read.
Is this what you're looking for?..EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+ Review
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old April 4, 2013, 05:43 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Is this what you're looking for?..EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+ Review
Nope, I'm talking about this GPU: GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce 600 Series - GV-N680SO-2GD
Old April 4, 2013, 06:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3p1 View Post
That all depends on the Vendor to be honest. GB is usually pretty good at letting there SOC cards be tested here, though as it stands I don't know if SKYMTL has on one the backburner or not. Hopefully he can chime in and let us know.

And, Welcome to the Forum

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 4, 2013, 07:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I know the card is going to be fast. I want to know if it will be as loud as I think it will be. And, if it is, what were they thinking?

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old April 4, 2013, 07:24 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
I know the card is going to be fast. I want to know if it will be as loud as I think it will be. And, if it is, what were they thinking?
I ordered it yesterday. Read some reviews till now, and pretty much everyone mentions that the fans produce the "whistle" noise in full load. Soon, I could leave some feedback after I assemble my new rig.
Old April 4, 2013, 08:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I mean, here's the problem I have. It's really not clocked any faster than, say, the ASUS GTX680 DirectCUII. If you're going to go for a triple slot cooler, I'm confident that the ASUS model will be a LOT quieter. Isn't the triple slot DirectCUII almost silent? And easily just as fast.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old April 4, 2013, 08:34 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
I mean, here's the problem I have. It's really not clocked any faster than, say, the ASUS GTX680 DirectCUII. If you're going to go for a triple slot cooler, I'm confident that the ASUS model will be a LOT quieter. Isn't the triple slot DirectCUII almost silent? And easily just as fast.
Of course I would've gone with ASUS' DirectCU II cooler, especially combined with the TOP edition. But the card is no where to be found in Croatia. Gigabyte GTX 680 Super Overclock was the fastest model I could find, plus it's cheaper than the other GTX 680s here.
Old April 4, 2013, 08:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You know, I'm all for cooling but these triple slot cards are a bit extreme to me (size wise). I actually enjoy what ASUS is doing with there Mini-670.

Maybe that's just me.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 4, 2013, 08:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
You know, I'm all for cooling but these triple slot cards are a bit extreme to me (size wise). I actually enjoy what ASUS is doing with there Mini-670.

Maybe that's just me.

-ST
I was with you on that front, until I tried my 660 DirectCU. The 660 is to the double slot DirectCU heatsink as the 680 is to the triple slot DirectCU heatsink.

I cannot stress how nice it is to have completely silent video cards. The heatsinks don't have to work very hard at all. That would be worth the hassle of having a triple slot heatsink, in my mind alone.

Now, I just have to work on silencing the rest of my rig.