Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   B/S/T 25 post requirement? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/58239-b-s-t-25-post-requirement.html)

Luddite December 2, 2012 05:30 AM

B/S/T 25 post requirement?

What is wrong with posting a WANT TO BUY in the B/S/T/ area without 25 posts?
What is the logic behind this?
I am not selling/trading potentially broken parts.
I am the one taking the chance on the the part not working, and going on good faith of the seller.
Must be a lot of crooks here if they have the rule against buying.

supaflyx3 December 2, 2012 06:07 AM

We don't want users here only for the BST. It's the same with any other forum.

Luddite December 2, 2012 06:31 AM

That's not logical..
So where am I suppose to buy used computer part's in Vancouver?
Don't suggest Craigslist(to many crooks) or eBay(need a credit card)
I do not know of any computer stores in Metro Vancouver which sell what I am looking for.

enaberif December 2, 2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luddite (Post 674854)
That's not logical..
So where am I suppose to buy used computer part's in Vancouver?
Don't suggest Craigslist(to many crooks) or eBay(need a credit card)
I do not know of any computer stores in Metro Vancouver which sell what I am looking for.

You pretty much just said why we do 25 posts.

You don't just get to come here drop a WTB thread find what you want then leave.

If you join be active and have fun.. 25 posts if your active is nothing.

supaflyx3 December 2, 2012 07:53 AM

Also, google.

Kilauea December 2, 2012 08:03 AM

Its quite simple, if you are a "crook", will you really bother posting 25 times in order to get the chance to do bad business ?

On the other hand, if you see someone with 300 or even 1000 posts here. That person has a reputation and its likely that a) they don't want to lose it, b) Others have a pretty good idea of how that person is.

What that means is that I am more likely to trust someone well established here. Say Supaflyx (2000+ posts, helpful with others), well I am more likely to trust him than someone with 1 post who registered with the sole purpose to sell something. It does not mean that person (or Supaflyx for that matter) is or is not a crook, but just the fact that member contributed helps with trust. Its not a perfect way to do, but it is meant as a protection for every members here. I know that personally, when doing trades here, I will look at the broken ratings, the number of posts (and the posts themselves if I am worried) and the join date to get an idea of who I am trading with.

If there were no such requirements, what would make HWC different than craigslist, aside from the fact you have a name here.

ZZLEE December 2, 2012 08:18 AM

What part you looking fore anway ??
may be able to point you to it

sswilson December 2, 2012 08:20 AM

There's always kijiji so long as you stick to local purchases, and there is nothing preventing you from responding to an active FS thread here.

The 25 post rule has been in place for quite some time, and was a member driven requirement. I realise that common sense would suggest a much greater risk to buyers responding to FS threads, but strangely enough most scams on kijiji are money/purchase based rather than product/sales based.

Luddite December 2, 2012 08:22 AM

You are overlooking that I do not want to sell/trade anything.
I consider this a big difference from wanting to buy locally from a member here.
Guess my money isn't worth anything here.
Also, I will not mention the part here because that is against the rules apparently,
for us <25 post members.

enaberif December 2, 2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luddite (Post 674870)
You are overlooking that I do not want to sell/trade anything.
I consider this a big difference from wanting to buy locally from a member here.
Guess my money isn't worth anything here.

We don't want your money. We want your participation.

If that is to much for you then find the door.