Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2012, 08:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
You are overlooking that I do not want to sell/trade anything.
I consider this a big difference from wanting to buy locally from a member here.
Guess my money isn't worth anything here.
Also, I will not mention the part here because that is against the rules apparently,
for us <25 post members.
Read the first sentence below please. I don't know what you are complaining about since you do not want to sell or trade anything. You can respond to any FS thread through PM if you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
There's always kijiji so long as you stick to local purchases, and there is nothing preventing you from responding to an active FS thread here.

The 25 post rule has been in place for quite some time, and was a member driven requirement. I realise that common sense would suggest a much greater risk to buyers responding to FS threads, but strangely enough most scams on kijiji are money/purchase based rather than product/sales based.

It's like Enab said. If your participation in this online community is too much to ask feel free to go elsewhere.
Old December 2, 2012, 04:29 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

As everyone says, there's nothing wrong with PMing someone who's selling an item that you want. I sell to people with 1 or 2 posts all the time without problems... We're not begging for people to buy in our BST section on this forum by the way, so your money is not worth as much as you think it is... After all, forums are for discussion IMO.
Old December 2, 2012, 05:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
That's not logical..
So where am I suppose to buy used computer part's in Vancouver?
Don't suggest Craigslist(to many crooks) or eBay(need a credit card)
I do not know of any computer stores in Metro Vancouver which sell what I am looking for.
Just out of curiosity.... How long has ebay been Credit Card only? I have like ~350 buy and ~20 sell transactions on ebay and not a single one has ever touched my none existent credit card. I have my paypal setup with a $25 prepaid credit card from shoppers drug mart or most grocery stores sell them now (Vanilla Mastercard) that ran out of cash like 8 months ago that allows me to do instant pay from my bank account.
Old December 2, 2012, 05:26 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

No credit card needed for ebay. I use paypal.

The buy and sell rules were requested by forum members. Admin agreed. I see no reason to change them....this is a computer forum that happens to have a buy sell section for active members, not a buy and sell site that happens to have a forum. There is no entitlement to buy and sell here.
Fold for team #54196
Old December 2, 2012, 05:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Question is, why would someone like me sell to a user like you that just popped on here out of the blue? How is that any different then Craigslist or Kijiji in the first place?
Old December 2, 2012, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow is anyone else sick of these damn threads? every new person it seems once a month starts one bitching about the FS section cuz they don't want to contribute. We all have something good to add so just do so and if the admins see a bunch of worthless replies from you they ban you, if you give a little though you will get a hell of a lot back from this forum so instead of bitching get replying and talking to people on here offer advice or ask questions worth asking.
Old December 2, 2012, 06:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Wow is anyone else sick of these damn threads? every new person it seems once a month starts one bitching about the FS section cuz they don't want to contribute. We all have something good to add so just do so and if the admins see a bunch of worthless replies from you they ban you, if you give a little though you will get a hell of a lot back from this forum so instead of bitching get replying and talking to people on here offer advice or ask questions worth asking.
This comes up every month or so, its in our rules, and newbies still have the audacity to complain about it.

Chris is right, this is a tech forum with a BST, not a BST with a tech forum. You dont like the rules? Leave and find your own online forum that fits what you do like.

Newbies that complain, here is my reply for you; Kindly go off. Thanks!

(I really wanted to +1 this post and leave it at that )
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old December 2, 2012, 08:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pffffffffft 25 post is nothing, I voted for at least 100 or so. Your lucky our Admin is EZ.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I was thinking the same thing actually. 50 posts or more mean actually contributing and establishing yourself as a member. Not just necroing old ass threads with useless replies or spamming things up.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well. I think the membership has spoken, and pretty much outlined why we have a minimum post requirement to start new threads in the BST. First and foremost we're a community of computer enthusiasts, who just happen to have a BST forum for our ACTIVE members.

I think this thread has run it's course, so I'll just close it before any lines get crossed.
Closed Thread