Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2012, 10:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Hey admins you should set me as a temp admin for that section, I really like it think I'm going to get addicted to the kewl things people say in there :D and I know I will spend hours of each day looking it over
Think you need to get off that high horse! :-P
Old December 7, 2012, 12:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
This is a good idea in lieu of the iTrader system. However, it seriously needs to be removed from the subforums that get searched with the "New Posts" button.
For a month I wouldn't mind it being part of "new posts" as I add feedback as more people add their thread to that subforum.

However after it's well established it would be nicer for it to not be there.
Old December 7, 2012, 06:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
This is a good idea in lieu of the iTrader system. However, it seriously needs to be removed from the subforums that get searched with the "New Posts" button.
This is, a patch in the hull of the boat if you will.
We are still looking into a more established system that will be integrated into our Forums. The sub-forum is a work around right now due to user request and complaints (don't say we don't listen :) )

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 7, 2012, 06:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

Can I ask for one thing.. that the feedback forum be taken off the new posts? I don't think we really need to have 20 topics coming up of people giving feedback to a person.
Old December 7, 2012, 07:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Can I ask for one thing.. that the feedback forum be taken off the new posts? I don't think we really need to have 20 topics coming up of people giving feedback to a person.
Yes we do then we are all reminded we need to buy from these people.. Even if we can't afford it :P
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old December 7, 2012, 07:23 AM
Allstar

It's a pain in the A$$ this sub forum, now we get spammed with stuff I don't care about. Is this a Tech forum or a new version of Red Flag ? Some forum as private section, may be it will be a direction to look at it. Serious, half of the posts are feedback
Old December 7, 2012, 07:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
It's a pain in the A$$ this sub forum, now we get spammed with stuff I don't care about. Is this a Tech forum or a new version of Red Flag ? Some forum as private section, may be it will be a direction to look at it. Serious, half of the posts are feedback
Exactly. I am all for the feedback just not the forum spam.
Old December 7, 2012, 08:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The feedback will die down in a day or two. Right now everybody who's bought from anybody in the past 6 monthes is posting their glowing recommendations (honestly, we don't have a single bad person left on this forum, lol). Eventually all the 'back recommendations' will end, and we'll just have people posting recommendations for current sales.

Geez, the admin's listened to all of your suggestions and requests for a feedback forum, and now you're complaining about the amount of posts. I guess they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old December 7, 2012, 08:54 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
The feedback will die down in a day or two. Right now everybody who's bought from anybody in the past 6 monthes is posting their glowing recommendations (honestly, we don't have a single bad person left on this forum, lol). Eventually all the 'back recommendations' will end, and we'll just have people posting recommendations for current sales.

Geez, the admin's listened to all of your suggestions and requests for a feedback forum, and now you're complaining about the amount of posts. I guess they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

We always are GBA that is why not everyone is cut out for the job .
That being said I have forwarded the issues and my own advice to our admin team and we will resolve this shortly.

Thank you for your suggestions,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com

Last edited by Soultribunal; December 7, 2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old December 7, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This was an excellent idea this sub forum! As someone who plans to be here long term I am glad now people can share their experiences in buying/selling with eachother.

As for the "spam" I don't mind it. It will subside in a couple days.