Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2012, 09:51 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Kinda annoying when threads get necro'd when this seems to be an easy thing to do on other boards.
Why exactly?

Does this ruin your day?

I have never understood the hostility some people have towards reviving older threads. New pertinent information becomes available all the time.
Old November 7, 2012, 10:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Thread necro'ing only really is a problem when it does nothing constructive for the body of the thread, nor the sake of the forum.

That being said, I don't see anything like this being implimented.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 7, 2012, 11:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Leave as is....we need people to vent on when they necro...........

( i intend on posting here in a year or so )
Old November 7, 2012, 11:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post

Me too
Old November 7, 2012, 12:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post

Heh, you bookmarked it didn't you?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old November 7, 2012, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It's a pet peeve of mine, but I already accepted that I am the minority on this subject has moved on.

Time to lock this thread.

Gotcha.
Old November 7, 2012, 05:35 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Easy solution; soul tribunal will scour threads locking them as they mature. I intend on reporting old threads to him when I get home this evening.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 7, 2012, 06:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Easy solution; soul tribunal will scour threads locking them as they mature. I intend on reporting old threads to him when I get home this evening.
Oh, I dare you

-ST

Old November 7, 2012, 06:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I wouldn't mind a thread necro warning (e.g. replace the "Submit Reply" button with a 300x200 pixel green and black skull image), but I've revived my own threads after a while to post updates (e.g. achieved higher overclock).
Other places auto-locking may not work nicely would be the WIP (I can't recall the exact one but I saw a worklog where the OP posted an update 1 year after their last update.)

My current favourite of "necro'd" thread, revived to great effect after about three years: Horrible pictures of dead caps
Old November 7, 2012, 06:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
I wouldn't mind a thread necro warning (e.g. replace the "Submit Reply" button with a 300x200 pixel green and black skull image), but I've revived my own threads after a while to post updates (e.g. achieved higher overclock).
Other places auto-locking may not work nicely would be the WIP (I can't recall the exact one but I saw a worklog where the OP posted an update 1 year after their last update.)

My current favourite of "necro'd" thread, revived to great effect after about three years: Horrible pictures of dead caps
And its a perfectly okay way to do it since it was, in effect contributing to the thread :)

Its situationally based, and all of us (Mods) keep our eyes out for those who do it just to spam away.

-ST